News:

Main Menu

Pantone LIVE

Started by CMYKFrustrated, September 26, 2012, 07:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

No and after reading the first paragraph I choked on all the marketing BS.

If I come to use it I will be kicking and screaming all the way. Remember pantone GOE?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Slappy

But but but - it's in the clooooud!!!! And in an ecosystem too! I'm in, all the cool kids are in the Cloud™ these days.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

G_Town

I just threw up in my mouth a little. :puke2:

frailer

I guess the big corporates will use it. If it really does cut back on pharmaceutical counterfeiting, which they're claiming, then great. One of the scariest counterfeiting activities. I don't much care if someone has a fake Armani wrap on. But I do care if a tablet I'm taking is a placebo, or worse.
And why are all those people sooo handsome/purty?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

CMYKFrustrated

In the video "What is Pantone LIVE" they say..
"Match your brands color across multiple print surfaces...regardless of surface, substrate, medium..whatever printing technique you can think of...absolute color control."

Um...wow. That just seems like an over the top, pie-in-the-sky, not real world ability to me. I'm imagining every branding company out there will jump on this. And I'm wondering if there's a standardized ink set that has to be used (Sun Chemical is listed as a partner).

I'm curious to hear feedback from anyone that's had to use this system...what all it entailed.

Skryber

Quote from: frailer on October 05, 2012, 02:40:25 PMI guess the big corporates will use it. If it really does cut back on pharmaceutical counterfeiting, which they're claiming, then great. One of the scariest counterfeiting activities. I don't much care if someone has a fake Armani wrap on. But I do care if a tablet I'm taking is a placebo, or worse.
And why are all those people sooo handsome/purty?

I'd like to see it redone with ugly people tossin up a deuce.

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Slappy

Dunno about "LIVE" but I just realized that the Pantone+ book is a joke, all out of order & you have to use the Index in back to find colors. Same with Swatches in the CS Applications too. WTF??
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Grimace

Quote from: CMYKFrustrated on October 18, 2012, 10:59:58 AMIn the video "What is Pantone LIVE" they say..
"Match your brands color across multiple print surfaces...regardless of surface, substrate, medium..whatever printing technique you can think of...absolute color control."

Um...wow. That just seems like an over the top, pie-in-the-sky, not real world ability to me. I'm imagining every branding company out there will jump on this. And I'm wondering if there's a standardized ink set that has to be used (Sun Chemical is listed as a partner).

I'm curious to hear feedback from anyone that's had to use this system...what all it entailed.

But buying all your ink from Sun Chemical assures the "harmonization of ink colors". See, it's all in how you phrase it!
I'm so relieved that my life just got easier! :sarcasm:

Joe

Anything is possible in the marketing department.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca