vista to 2003 server

Started by Tracy, May 06, 2008, 11:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

has anyone hooked up a vista system to windows 2003 server?

almaink

I think most people trash the Vista and install XP. But you may find an answer here
http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsVista/troubleshooting-01.html
if no one here knows.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Tracy

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on May 06, 2008, 11:39:33 AMhas anyone hooked up a vista system to windows 2003 server?

Yes.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

I have a tech here and hes having problems hooking up the vista machine to the 2003 server

Joe

What kind of problem? I was just able to browse the network, connect using the 2003 admin account and password. Leaving for work now. I'll check back when I get to work unless I'm swamped when I walk in the door. :azn:

Tracy

browsing to the network from the vista OS doesn't allow access, we have to go to the server and allow access,
its all fixed now. but i went thru 2 techs today the first one couldnt get. weird

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on May 06, 2008, 06:06:12 PMbrowsing to the network from the vista OS doesn't allow access, we have to go to the server and allow access,
its all fixed now. but i went thru 2 techs today the first one couldnt get. weird

You should be allowed to browse from Vista as long as the user on Vista has been given the proper permissions on the Win 2003 server.

gnubler

I found a great tutorial on installing Vista; this video should help you out:

Vista install in 2 minutes
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Tracy

Tee hee hee! Thanks that works great!

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on May 06, 2008, 10:10:25 PMI found a great tutorial on installing Vista; this video should help you out:

Vista install in 2 minutes

So Microsoft got their $200 bucks and then this genius destroyed the DVD. LOL That will show them! :grin:

almaink

Amazing what people will do for 15 minutes of fame.
Was pretty funny tho...
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Joe

Quote from: almaink on May 07, 2008, 12:57:20 PMAmazing what people will do for 15 minutes of fame.
Was pretty funny tho...

True...as long it's someone elses $200 bucks I'm okay with it.