Artpro & powerstepper

Started by SA, October 13, 2008, 09:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SA

:aljolson: Yea! We have just printed out our first stepped up inkjet for checking and it is looking good so far (though had to make a plan with the colour bars by drawing little boxes, still have to get my head around the adding of marks etc.)..  Again a huge thank you!
Riding a scooter is like riding a fat chick. Fun to do but just not in front of your friends.

G_Town

Quote from: SA on October 21, 2008, 08:58:56 AM:aljolson: Yea! We have just printed out our first stepped up inkjet for checking and it is looking good so far (though had to make a plan with the colour bars by drawing little boxes, still have to get my head around the adding of marks etc.)..  Again a huge thank you!

No problemeo, you can also create a set of marks in artpro and use them automatically instead of placing them on each job.

Print dialog box/click on marks file then use the button to brwose to your artpro marks file you have previously set up.
For repeat work this works great, of course if its the same layout (structure) you can just keep reusing the layouts over and over again for different jobs.

Congrats on your first impo!

beck

G_Town,

That's the way I used to do my programming when I worked on a Krause S&R machine...we even had to do the math for press gain (multiiply each vertical dimension by .9978").

In addition to G_Town's directions, you could maybe import the dielines (save Illy files as PDF?) to use as a guide for your marks, ect.  I agree with the thinking of "Media Box" for plate size, "Crop Box" for plate size, and so on.  It'll help keep things organized.

beck
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

G_Town

Quote from: beck  link=topic=2499.msg45176#msg45176 date=1224609525G_Town,

That's the way I used to do my programming when I worked on a Krause S&R machine...we even had to do the math for press gain (multiiply each vertical dimension by .9978").

In addition to G_Town's directions, you could maybe import the dielines (save Illy files as PDF?) to use as a guide for your marks, ect.  I agree with the thinking of "Media Box" for plate size, "Crop Box" for plate size, and so on.  It'll help keep things organized.

beck

Yea the first miso I worked on we had to input all the step data in manually as well, good times.

When we analyze the cad file we also click on the import button as well so we wind up with a full form dieline that we stroke and make it 100% out of die color and trans every other color we also have the cad file on the one ups the same way that way we have a good visual check to make sure everything is in the correct position.

Hey SA finally got a chance to look at your files but there's just a tiny bit of it there, can you resend it?

EmptyWords

I always have the media box as the press sheet size, works best for us that way. There are so many ways w/ Artpro/PowerStepper/PowerLayout to do things. I have, like G_Town stated, saved our basic repeat dies as templates, then the op can just pick up which one they need, plug in the new artwork to the cad repetition layer, w/ all need marks and send to the workflow, only thing that gets added is the basic info like colors, date, etc. Since doing this, we can actually do a job in just a couple of minutes.
Esko Automation Engine  •  Imaging Engine  •  Nexus  •  Odystar  •  Neo  •  ArtPro  •  ArtPro+ Layout
Esko ArtPro+ Advanced  •  ArtPro+ Essentials  •  Esko PowerStepper/PowerLayout  •  Kodak Preps 8
Hyphen ImpoProof 8400S  •  CGS Oris ColorTuner // Web  •  Epson Stylus Pro 7900  •  Apogee Prepress
Agfa/Screen Avalon  •  Xerox iGen  •  Versant 180  •  Iridesse  •  Mark Andy  •  Heidelberg  •  Kirk-Rudy

G_Town

Quote from: EmptyWords on October 21, 2008, 01:36:58 PMI always have the media box as the press sheet size, works best for us that way. There are so many ways w/ Artpro/PowerStepper/PowerLayout to do things. I have, like G_Town stated, saved our basic repeat dies as templates, then the op can just pick up which one they need, plug in the new artwork to the cad repetition layer, w/ all need marks and send to the workflow, only thing that gets added is the basic info like colors, date, etc. Since doing this, we can actually do a job in just a couple of minutes.

Yup repeat work is a snap, just don't tell management that :wink:

EmptyWords

Quote from: G_Town on October 21, 2008, 02:26:14 PM
Quote from: EmptyWords on October 21, 2008, 01:36:58 PMI always have the media box as the press sheet size, works best for us that way. There are so many ways w/ Artpro/PowerStepper/PowerLayout to do things. I have, like G_Town stated, saved our basic repeat dies as templates, then the op can just pick up which one they need, plug in the new artwork to the cad repetition layer, w/ all need marks and send to the workflow, only thing that gets added is the basic info like colors, date, etc. Since doing this, we can actually do a job in just a couple of minutes.

Yup repeat work is a snap, just don't tell management that :wink:

Oh, I will keep that one under wraps, thats for sure, I have gotten the other people in the dept to act like it's a big deal, when in reality it's nothing. Too bad many of the standard non package jobs we have are as easy.
Esko Automation Engine  •  Imaging Engine  •  Nexus  •  Odystar  •  Neo  •  ArtPro  •  ArtPro+ Layout
Esko ArtPro+ Advanced  •  ArtPro+ Essentials  •  Esko PowerStepper/PowerLayout  •  Kodak Preps 8
Hyphen ImpoProof 8400S  •  CGS Oris ColorTuner // Web  •  Epson Stylus Pro 7900  •  Apogee Prepress
Agfa/Screen Avalon  •  Xerox iGen  •  Versant 180  •  Iridesse  •  Mark Andy  •  Heidelberg  •  Kirk-Rudy

SA

I have just discovered the most awesome 'hidden' feature in Artpro... guess it will only work with artpro beginners though...

On the viewX/registration error window change the registration error to a small amount, close window and wait for unsuspecting operator to come along  :evil:
Riding a scooter is like riding a fat chick. Fun to do but just not in front of your friends.

G_Town

Quote from: SA on October 22, 2008, 06:44:56 AMI have just discovered the most awesome 'hidden' feature in Artpro... guess it will only work with artpro beginners though...

On the viewX/registration error window change the registration error to a small amount, close window and wait for unsuspecting operator to come along  :evil:

What version are you running?

SA

Ver. 9 - I believe the viewX window was added in this version. Gives quick access to total ink coverage, plate views, separations, registration errors and some other things I hope ill never need to use.

G_Town

Quote from: SA on October 22, 2008, 07:42:46 AMVer. 9 - I believe the viewX window was added in this version. Gives quick access to total ink coverage, plate views, separations, registration errors and some other things I hope ill never need to use.

Ok then that makes sense, as I understand it they are incorporating some enfocus stuff into nexus/artpro.

SA

Incase youre interested.. you can download ArtPrinter off the esko website http://www.esko.com/web/site.aspx?p=138 which comes with the ViewX window....

G_Town

Quote from: SA on October 23, 2008, 09:31:25 AMIncase youre interested.. you can download ArtPrinter off the esko website http://www.esko.com/web/site.aspx?p=138 which comes with the ViewX window....

I can d/l 9 if I want, we have a service contract, I'm just...afraid. :cry:

:wink: