Images turning White in ArtPro

Started by beck, January 28, 2011, 07:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beck

We rc'd Illustrator CS5 PDFs.  4/C + Spot.  Lots of Gradient Meshes (Process with Spot Color transparency overlays).

We dropped the PDF into Nexus (8.4 Rev. 2).  When we open it in ArtPro, the meshes are getting rasterized and are turning White.

Yes, I know we are running an older version of Nexus - we are limited by the OS of the Nexus boxes - new boxes are ordered and will be here in a couple of weeks. 
We are running ArtPro 9.0 Rev. 8.

We are running mockups for a photo shoot right now, so anything to get SOMETHING proofed will be good enough.

Thanks in advance for your help.

beck
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

beck

My co-worker converted the Spot colors to Process in Illy.  The job worked.

Now, this is only one of the family.  The one he started with yesterday had about 25-30 Gradient meshes... this one only had 3 meshes.

More to come, I'm sure.

beck
Joe

G_Town

Did you try importing straight into Artpro?

White over print in illy?

beck

Quote from: G_Town on January 28, 2011, 08:54:22 AMDid you try importing straight into Artpro?
Same thing happens.

White over print in Illy?
He is OK on that.
Joe

Joe

From memory, I assume you are going in through the Import module? I think there are settings in there that might affect this. I don't remember what any of them were called but I remember dealing with these kinds of issues back in my Nexus 8 days.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

beck

Yeah, he's been playing with those...no luck.
Joe

andyfest

Are you saving the Illy as eps and distilling to a pdf. If so, make sure the transparency is set with Overprints - preserve and the preset is set at high resolution. Also the  compatible gradient/gradient mesh printing should be checked on. We've been using Nexus v9 so long I can't remember v8. If you are using 1 bit tiffs shot to a proofer you could try a more direct workflow to simply avoid the Artpro module.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

beck

No, they were supplied as Illy PDFs.

Maybe we'll try saving as EPS, then ripping PDFs. Nothing to lose.

beck
Joe

G_Town

Quote from: beck  on January 28, 2011, 12:12:25 PMNo, they were supplied as Illy PDFs.

Maybe we'll try saving as EPS, then ripping PDFs. Nothing to lose.

beck

I'm intrigued can you send one for me to f%&* with?

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: beck  on January 28, 2011, 07:14:38 AMWe rc'd Illustrator CS5 PDFs.  4/C + Spot.  Lots of Gradient Meshes (Process with Spot Color transparency overlays).

We dropped the PDF into Nexus (8.4 Rev. 2).  When we open it in ArtPro, the meshes are getting rasterized and are turning White.

Yes, I know we are running an older version of Nexus - we are limited by the OS of the Nexus boxes - new boxes are ordered and will be here in a couple of weeks. 
We are running ArtPro 9.0 Rev. 8.

We are running mockups for a photo shoot right now, so anything to get SOMETHING proofed will be good enough.

Thanks in advance for your help.

beck

Gradient meshes are a bitch to print. Try this... select the mesh and go to /Object/Expand. This will complicate the vector, but eliminate the mesh. I've had to do it a time or two.
Member #285 - Civilian