Sprint vs Verizon vs ATT ... whos using what. Android Phones anyone?

Started by prepressDog, February 25, 2011, 09:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prepressDog

Had htc hero first... just upgraded to samsung epic 4g. so far.. very nice. Still in 30days... thinking of keeping.
Just wanna make sure last me 2years... not get outdated. But seems very solid with the 2.2 update

Sprint...

Whats the best Android phone out?

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: prepressDog on February 25, 2011, 09:38:03 AMHad htc hero first... just upgraded to samsung epic 4g. so far.. very nice. Still in 30days... thinking of keeping.
Just wanna make sure last me 2years... not get outdated. But seems very solid with the 2.2 update

Sprint...

I'm not saying this is the best phone out there but...

Check out Virgin Mobile's Beyond Talk Plan with the LG Optimus V Android 2.2.

It's still 3G but what the hell: http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phone-plans/beyond-talk-plans.jsp

The phone is $150 but depending on how much you talk the plan is very reasonably priced:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Also a direct correlation between the cel and overall declining level of intelligence amongst the masses. Brain cancer, here we come!

delooch

Quote from: prepressDog on February 25, 2011, 09:38:03 AMHad htc hero first... just upgraded to samsung epic 4g. so far.. very nice. Still in 30days... thinking of keeping.

Sprint...

you should know that electronics become outdated as soon as you walk out the door with it in your hand..

I bought the wife a Samsung Galaxy (T-Mobile) in december.. Been with them for almost 8 years. never really have any complaints with the network speed, but the coverage is sketchy. the phone is very fast and responsive, and the screen is beautiful.  though i dont think its the best thing going.

one of my IT techs is an android nut, he swears by the Driod series from verizon.. He says to wait for the Android 3.0 OS release...

i was going to switch to an android, ( currently using an HTC windows 6.1 mobile), but i think im going to get one of those 7" android tablets (you can pick up a nice one on ebay for under $200) and stick with a basic cell...

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

DigiCorn

Using the iPhone now on AT&T... brother-in-law used to use Sprint. It sucks. Now he's on MetroPCS. It sucks too. He got the Blackberry Curve, and it's pretty worthless.

When it comes to networks, it's really only about AT&T and Verizon. AT&T seems to work better in urban areas; Verizon works better rurally. My favorite things about the iPhone is the wi-fi connection; uses less battery and surfs faster than on 3G.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

This was back in the day but AT&T couldn't get me signal at my house. Damn thing wouldn't even ring. They also were sued in the NYC area becasue they oversold the phones and the network couldn't handle it and went down, often. They didn't seem to learn becasue the iPhone took down the network when it came out. I don't like Verizon becasue they are expensive and take a while to approve new phones but the network always works wherever I am.

The blackberry Curve is far from worthless. It's geared more for business than media. If it wasn't for blackberry you might not have smartphones now. Too bad they really seem behind the times now. They need a really, really good phone soon.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: DigiSig on February 25, 2011, 11:20:54 AMUsing the iPhone now on AT&T... brother-in-law used to use Sprint. It sucks. Now he's on MetroPCS. It sucks too. He got the Blackberry Curve, and it's pretty worthless.

When it comes to networks, it's really only about AT&T and Verizon. AT&T seems to work better in urban areas; Verizon works better rurally. My favorite things about the iPhone is the wi-fi connection; uses less battery and surfs faster than on 3G.

I see the water is infected in your area. Stop drinking it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

iPhone.. ATT. Love it, no speed problems or dropped calls so far. And I live in the boonies. Of course, I rarely talk on it or any other phone. Great for text, email and web... pretty much a pocket computer that can make calls. I use earbuds for talking, so no "cell brain damage". I have other methods for killing brain cells.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on February 25, 2011, 12:44:06 PMI see the water is infected in your area. Stop drinking it.

I think it's the 6 bottles of soda he consumes every day. They say it's not healthy.