Quark2ID - anyone gots?

Started by t-pat, February 12, 2013, 01:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Thought I had it installed, but realised the last time was on the G5. However...popped the install disk in; it's now workable, but on ID 5.5.
Been a lo-o-ong time since I needed it. I think OZ were the spearhead 'unadopters' of Quack.

Now appearing in the menu under Markzware
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

I already did the edits in quark, I had to learn quark all over again :laugh:
It's a long document.

Farabomb

The owners think if it's done on a computer, it's simple. Hell, they can email and post to facebook, what's so different about what we do?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

Right! I miss the old days when we we wizards.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Farabomb

We still are wizards, they just think they have peeked behind the curtain and think they know the secrets.

No my sweet little summer children, you know nothing.

Like when the boss got all weirded out when I told him his phone automatically backs up all his contacts. He started saying how that's impossible, it's illegal, they can't do that...

I didn't have the heart to mention the GPS part or facebooks use of it.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

they are so cute when they are young and innocent like that...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

frailer

Quote from: born2print on January 17, 2017, 12:27:52 PMRight! I miss the old days when we we wizards.
De-skilling is across the board, and relentless. We had a guy here (stripper, we call 'em film planners), who was 'not interested in sitting behind a computer all day'. Which made it easy as we'd hired someone with Quack/PostScript/PREPS environment skills to come in and help us make the transition. (I shan't say anything about her here...litigation 'n all).

He went off to drive government suburban buses. They're now tooling with driverless, on a small scale.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.