Netflix video is "too" sharp

Started by Slappy, January 19, 2015, 04:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattbeals

Most Netflix users stream in 720p and not 1080i. But some seem to be able to stream in 4k. Any idea what kind of bandwidth your Roku is consuming?
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Slappy

Not even remotely. How would I gauge it? Not sure if it has a built-in bandwidth monitor or if I'd have to do it through the Fios router some how.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Farabomb

I'm happy if it plays without stuttering or dropping out mid show.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on March 03, 2015, 12:14:02 PMNot even remotely. How would I gauge it? Not sure if it has a built-in bandwidth monitor or if I'd have to do it through the Fios router some how.

Check your Netflix account for "Playback Settings" and your Roku settings for "Display Settings". If Netflix is set to high and Roku is set for 1080 you will probably get 1080 if the video is available in 1080 and your internet connection can support it. I think I read somewhere that netflix will automatically adjust depending on your connection speed.

You also might want to reset your Netflix app on your device.

QuoteTo perform this reset, launch your device's Netflix app, then using your controller or remote control, press the following sequence: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. This will bring up general account and hardware information, along with the option to deactivate the Netflix app from your device. Once you've deactivated the Netflix app, you can sign back in to your account and see if your problems have been resolved.

How to access hidden Netflix streaming settings
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up.

that's the combination of my locker...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on March 03, 2015, 01:22:56 PMUp, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up.

that's the combination of my locker...

I'm sure you mean money vault after so many years in the printing profession.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Yup, it's the stash of nickels from every time he heard "the last printer didn't have a problem" and "it looks fine on my screen".

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

Quote from: Farabomb on March 03, 2015, 01:45:45 PMYup, it's the stash of empty liquor bottles from every time he heard "the last printer didn't have a problem" and "it looks fine on my screen".

fixed
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

I asked the digital guy here what happened to his bottle of makers mark that was on his shelf.

"it's been a tough week"  :drunk3:

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black