Acrobat DC update today...

Started by Joe, October 14, 2015, 07:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I see they gave us a preference today to not show the Home screen when closing all documents. It works if you close a document via COMMAND+W or using the File menu ==> Close but if you just click the little "X" on the tab the Home screen is still there. A vast improvement anyway. YAY Adobe!

Still no ability to select multiple objects with SHIFT+CLICK if Output Preview is open. BOO Adobe!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Why would you be able to select multiple objects with the universally used keyboard shortcuts?

That's crazy talk Joe!

If they change it, the terrorists will win.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

abc

Tabs are actually quite nice as well.
Shame they didn't tell me how to get rid of the big yellow lego bricks though

Joe

I hadn't considered that. I guess the terrorists were opening their bomb making PDF and then open output preview to check the separations and then shift+clicking the hell out of things to speed up the process. Adobe sure showed them!

Joe

Quote from: abc on October 14, 2015, 07:51:29 AMTabs are actually quite nice as well.
Shame they didn't tell me how to get rid of the big yellow lego bricks though

Until you open a bunch of PDF's at the same time (I do that quite a bit actually). Then they are almost useless. They should only show the tabs if you have 10 or less PDF's open. But I probably shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

You would think they would tell developers how to change those to custom icons. But it is Adobe we are talking about.

Mikie

Son of a what? They actually made a change to that bs home screen? Heck I may be able to use it now. Actually no I wont lol

Joe

I've been using it since day one. It is quite a bit faster than XI as it is completely 64-bit. Some plug-ins won't work which includes Kodak's (late this year/early next year Prinergy is supposed to be 64-bit and run on Windows 2012 server ). But Pitstop does work.

frailer

My wheelchair is not moving, but I'm going backwards.  :old:

Awaiting the bean-counter/boss process to progress. DC is scary talk to me.... Oh, we're on 10.6.8 too.Still have to work out, when the time comes, how we'll be leap-fogging those rocks.   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Hoooo-eeeee 10.6.8? That was way back when my hair wasn't gray and could watch TV past 11:00 pm without falling asleep. :rotf:

Tracy

:laugh:
Fuji hasn't fixed the bug to update to the latest op system.
I think you can do it but weird things happen, I was told.
I have to get another computer to get DC

Joe

A lot of prepress software isn't even compatible with OS X 10.10.x yet let alone OS X 10.11 El Capitan which is now the latest and I've read it is pretty buggy. Haven't installed it yet though to find out.

David

I did the over 6gb  El Capitan download last night at home, now I get to wait to see what my wife thinks of it.

It was on the Mac she uses.    :death:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

You may want to tread lightly on your way in tonight. Maybe pick up some flowers on the way home. :rotf:

Farabomb

Joe, according to the boss 10.6.8 works fine and there is no reason to upgrade.

We will be taking delivery of our new vacuum frame and linotype machines later this week. It must be a new version of their equipment. They were really, really excited to take the order and get it out of their warehouse.

Strange, when I ordered from our supply house they said the rubylith was on backorder. Guess other printers must be busy. 
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Well DOS 4 works fine if you need it to. :rotf: