free imposition for Indesign

Started by wonderings, January 28, 2016, 08:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

weird, it's all about the cloud.

QuoteA file with the AIR file extension is an Adobe AIR Installer Package file. The Adobe AIR runtime enables developers to package the same code into native applications and games for Windows and Mac OS desktops as well as iOS and Android devices, reaching over a billion desktop systems and mobile app stores for over 500 million devices.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on January 28, 2016, 11:30:04 AM
Quote from: david on January 28, 2016, 11:27:30 AMwell, it's new...  the "improved" part is debatable.

6 had some nasty bugs. Some of which they've actually fixed though they may have added some new ones I haven't ran into yet.
Let me know if you want to know what they are.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

And spoil the surprise party? No thank you! ;D
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Made in Taiwan

Going to try out Croptima when I'm back at work in the middle of February. Since we're still on CS6, it should work. Thanks for sharing!
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

wonderings

Quote from: Made in Taiwan on January 29, 2016, 12:26:32 AMGoing to try out Croptima when I'm back at work in the middle of February. Since we're still on CS6, it should work. Thanks for sharing!

It is a great program, especially for things like business cards and booklets. I used it for pretty much everything, from business card imposing to 32 page magazines.

Tracy

Grimace

Quote from: Tracy on January 29, 2016, 04:04:51 PMHey Grimace!! long time!
Yes, have been very busy up to the last week or so.
I try to at least peek at this site a couple times a week, just to see what i am missing!

Grimace

Quote from: wonderings on January 28, 2016, 09:04:29 AMI am looking at Imposition Studio to replace Croptima when the next major release of Indesign comes out. I am assuming Preps has a very high price tag as they don't have an option to purchase from the website, only have sales contact you. Imposition Studio looks pretty powerful for what you are paying. I am playing with the demo, making myself familiar with it before jumping on board.
I also checked out the demo of this, i thinkI did a while back as well, somewhat familiar, kinda clunky compared to Croptima.
What do you think? I was a little unsure about step and repeat jobs, and the color bars seems limited for the one color work we do, i like to give the pressmen a take off bar for ink balance, I didn't see a way to do that

Ear

I have Preps 5, with dongle. I no longer use it. Wonder if I can sell it... I have the 5.3 updater package too.

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Ear

.... actually, 2 copies of Preps 5, with 5.3 update package and separate USB dongle/license(s). In box, with manuals, OG packaging. :afro: 

Best offer takes 'em off the lot. Come on, who wants to prep some shit!?!

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

WOW! If I were to buy that from you I would then have 4 of them that we don't use. SCORE!!!

Maybe I can corner the market in them!

Ear

:lmao:  They would work great on the 4 silver G5 towers that I have, collecting dust. 

Ear

So, are you going to sell your copies or are you being all stingy with them? :hello:

Joe

I've listed them before. Never got any inquiries. You can't run 5.3 unless you are on Snow Leopard or older. I think Farabomb is the last person on the planet running that and he already has Preps! :rotf:

Ear