Kodak Workshop for Mac OS X 10.11.6

Started by harimaukuatkuat, July 31, 2016, 11:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harimaukuatkuat

Hi There,

Who's able to share the latest Kodak Workshop patch for Mac OS X 10.11.6?
After upgraded to OS X 10.11.6 the Workshop stop working (Not synchronized).

Thanks in advance.

Joe

I'm running OS X 10.11.6 with Prinergy 7.5 and don't see any issue such as that. With Prinergy 7.0.x there were issues with OS X 10.11.x where the screen would not refresh after scrolling with the Magic Mouse but I never had any issues with the jobs not synchronizing.

My guess is that if you are running anything less than Prinergy 7.5 on OS X 10.11.x Kodak would tell you that it isn't compatible with that version of OS X.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

running Prinergy 7.5 here with OS 10.11.6 as well, no issues.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

harimaukuatkuat

Joe, I am running on Prinergy 6.1.2.108. Any update for Mac OS X 10.11.6?

Joe

I think the only update you will find to fix a workshop issue would be to upgrade Prinergy. Kodak never goes back and patches previous versions to be compatible with a newer OS.

Joe

I suppose you could try installing Workshop fresh but to do that you would need to spoof the OS version.

Unfortunately Apple made that very hard to do in El Capitan because just editing the SystemVersion.plist' file in 'System/Library/CoreServices/' doesn't work until you disable System Integrity Protection. To do that:

The supported way to disable System Integrity Protection in those cases where it's truly necessary is to boot into the Recovery partition and turn System Integrity Protection off from there with the csrutil tool.

$ csrutil
usage: csrutil <command>
Modify the System Integrity Protection configuration. All configuration changes apply to the entire machine.
Available commands:
    disable
        Disable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.
    enable
        Enable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.
    status
        Display the current configuration.

Once you have it disabled boot back into OS X and edit the 'SystemVersion.plist' in the location mentioned above to whatever version of OS X that Prinergy 6.1.2.108 needs. Then install workshop. Once that is done edit the file back to show OS X 10.11.6. The go back and re-enable System Integrity Protection.

Not sure if all that will help or not and do it at your own risk. I assume no responsibility if it all goes south.

harimaukuatkuat

Joe, Thanks for the info. I will upgrade my Prinergy and InSite to 7.5 next couple of weeks.  8)

Joe

Quote from: harimaukuatkuat on August 15, 2016, 10:07:04 PMJoe, Thanks for the info. I will upgrade my Prinergy and InSite to 7.5 next couple of weeks.  8)

Read this before you upgrade Prinergy to 7.5:

https://www.b4print.com/index.php?topic=8942.msg282894#msg282894

Also the latest release of Insite is 7.0.1 I think. There is no Insite 7.5.

mlarsen

I am also running 6.1.2 on OSX 10.11. I had purchased a new computer that was supposed to be downgraded to 10.9.5 and wasn't and didn't feel like shipping back. After a call to Kodak a technician told me to just copy the application from one computer it was installed and running on and paste into the application folder on the system running OSX 10.11.

Its a bit buggy and doesn't always refresh but its a workaround.

Farabomb

You you consider buggy, Kodak may consider final. I'm still waiting for them to fix my install from 5+ years ago.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: mlarsen on August 16, 2016, 01:05:23 PMI am also running 6.1.2 on OSX 10.11. I had purchased a new computer that was supposed to be downgraded to 10.9.5 and wasn't and didn't feel like shipping back. After a call to Kodak a technician told me to just copy the application from one computer it was installed and running on and paste into the application folder on the system running OSX 10.11.

Its a bit buggy and doesn't always refresh but its a workaround.

Yes it does work that way and yes it is buggy as hell up through Prinergy 7.x. It is fixed in Prinergy 7.5.x though.