Enfocus announces PitStop 2017

Started by Joe, March 08, 2017, 06:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc

@Slappy I would go through a reseller, especially if you want to take the maintenance option.

Slappy

Gotcha. Are there specific benefits to that route? Just anticipating the "Well, we never did that BEFORE!" response.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

abc

No difference to be honest.
One difference I guess is that with a reseller you can actually call them, Enfocus support is via email.

abc

Tracy

ABC could you elaborate on the Ink Density Management I saw on the list?
I don't think it was Ink Density I think it was Ink Coverage-Nevermind :laugh:

Another question tho, I may only want to update to 2017 without the maintenance
How will that work out?
 If anyone else knows, let me know
Thanks!

abc

Hi Tracy
Just wait until after the release and then buy an upgrade, then you can buy just the upgrade.
Which version are you on currently?

If it's 13, it will cost you more to do that, than taking maintenance now before the release, if you take maintenance you get the upgrade and support as well.
$186 maintenance vs $229 upgrade.

That's the message I am trying to get across to everyone, I want everyone to be able to make an informed decision.

This might help. https://www.enfocus.com/en/pitstop-2017#prereleasepricing

The ink coverage check is what's changed, it used to be based on all separations in the file, now with restrictions you can chose which ones, so for instance you could chose to ignore varnishes, or white.

Joe

I just want to add that if you choose to just do the upgrade and then skip a version or two without upgrading, that when you do decide to do the next upgrade, I think it will cost more to do that than if you had kept the maintenance going yearly. Plus using the maintenance agreement you would not have to skip any versions. Plus you be entitled to support if you need it. I'm not really seeing a downside to the maintenance agreement.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

The only downside I've seen is when you are running an old OSX version and can't use the latest update.  :undecided:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

abc

Farabomb

Since we run preps 5, we're stuck.  :(

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

abc

That's the problem with Apple, a new OS every year. It's just not practical to commit to support for all of them, because they all need to be tested by our QA department.
Of course there will be another new one again in the fall!

Tracy

I'm on 13 so the maintenance is cheaper and yearly

Farabomb

ABC, I totally understand and yes, I blame Apple too.  ;D

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on March 23, 2017, 01:05:16 PMABC, I totally understand and yes, I blame Apple too.  ;D

Apple doesn't care. :tongue:

:lmao:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Farabomb on March 23, 2017, 12:17:05 PM10.6.8

Since we run preps 5, we're stuck.  :(
Similar situation here. Hoping for a resolution in coming months. Waiting for Godot, TBH...

Oh, and just emailed the reseller ABC told me about; got straight back... WIP already.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.