News:

Main Menu

Server Shut Off?

Started by Tracy, November 22, 2017, 09:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Possum

Around here, the fear is if you shut something off, it may never start again.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

Our servers don't take long to fire up. Kodak support also advised us to reboot once a week. Though there are times when it goes longer without a reboot.

You should be able to set any service to auto start.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

I have that fear here. I have a NT box feeding the platesetter. I get scared every time I have to shut that off.

The service is set to autostart, it just fails every single time. It's kinda important as it's the Kodak Proofing Service. I have no issue since I know how to operate computers but most normal users would have no clue. It's one of the issues I've had since install that Kodak never fixed.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

It fails to auto start but you can manually start it? Must be trying to load too early. I wonder if there is a way to make it start later? Wait...did you say it is running Windows NT? :zounds:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Nah, NT is the tiff catcher for the CAT. Prinergy is running a different, no longer supported OS, server 03.

That's what I was thinking, that something it needs isn't loaded or is being loaded. I don't know of a way to reorder or delay services on auto but I did have the thought. It will fail on boot 99% of the time and sometimes it will stop without warning and I have to restart it again.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job