Power Layout, view link EPS with Separated Preview

Started by mlux, October 28, 2011, 12:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlux

We are using Nexus 9.0, and we are giving CTP files to our client.  They are using Nexus 8.?.  They gave us their workflows so we could supply then exactly what they needed.  In the end what they need is an oppo file and a linked eps for placement into their PowerLayout program.  (We do not have powerlayout).

We took their exact workflow and ran files through it.  We supplied them back the file and they put the eps into PowerLayout.  The eps we are supplying them is not like what they get when they do it in house.  Our EPS when placed does not show a separated preview, while their EPS does.

What could be the reason for this?  Any ideas?

G_Town

Is the eps just showing up gray?

If so you need to change the preview of your eps from Macintosh to windows, don't ask me why but the mac preview doesn't work on a mac. :banghead:

mlux

Yes, it is showing up Grey and we had it step to Mac preview.  We changed it like you said to Windows preview but then all the options for separated preview get grey'd out. 

We are sending these files over to the client.  Hopefully this is the issue we have been having.  Thanks!  I will let everyone know when we find out.

G_Town

Quote from: mlux on October 28, 2011, 01:05:51 PMYes, it is showing up Grey and we had it step to Mac preview.  We changed it like you said to Windows preview but then all the options for separated preview get grey'd out. 

We are sending these files over to the client.  Hopefully this is the issue we have been having.  Thanks!  I will let everyone know when we find out.

Are they not wanting to see a composite/4-C preview in powerstepper?

I've used it this way for quite some time. I'd be interested to hear what they find.

mlux

Yeah, they want to have 4c preview to begin with then they want to be able to toggle through each separation. 

G_Town

Quote from: mlux on October 28, 2011, 01:20:03 PMYeah, they want to have 4c preview to begin with then they want to be able to toggle through each separation.

Hmm, not sure how they can do that....I'll look into it.

mlux

I think we may have found out how.. Here a screenshot of what the settings are.  We are going to double check with the client and ill let everyone know the status.

mlux

We sent this to our client but the 2 tries we did, setting it to Windows preview.  Neither Worked!! anyone have power layout and Nexus 9 to test this out?

G_Town

Quote from: mlux on November 01, 2011, 07:35:20 AMWe sent this to our client but the 2 tries we did, setting it to Windows preview.  Neither Worked!! anyone have power layout and Nexus 9 to test this out?

I'm running Nexus 9.5.4 and artpro 9.5.6. and this is what we use for or link file in powerstepper.

PM me and I'll give you my email address and I'll try one of your link files.

mlux

Thanks, i sent you a PM.  We are going from EPS to OPPO while you are going to Tiff, that is one main difference.  The odd thing is, is that we are using the exact same workflow (given to us by the client) and they cannot get a composite link with the ability to see each seperation in PowerLayout.

The only difference we can see is the versions of Nexus we run.

G_Town

Quote from: mlux on November 01, 2011, 01:07:54 PMThanks, i sent you a PM.  We are going from EPS to OPPO while you are going to Tiff, that is one main difference.  The odd thing is, is that we are using the exact same workflow (given to us by the client) and they cannot get a composite link with the ability to see each seperation in PowerLayout.

The only difference we can see is the versions of Nexus we run.

I have a vector workflow that does exactly that, generates OPPO files and creates a link file.

andyfest

Same here - we use one of these two on most of our conventional carton jobs.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro