FREE InDesign Scripts

Started by Joe, July 04, 2018, 07:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

hotmetal

Thanks, Joe!

I'll have to try the Text Cleanup script on my next client book project. The text always comes as a Word doc (the images come in every possible, and some impossible, format. But never, ever, in that mysterious... CMYK.) I create a generic Indy run file to the book's page dimensions and import the doc as-is to get a basic page count, then search/replace/format the text from the manual list engraved on my brain from 40 years of doing this shit. The Word docs are seldom edited before being dropped in my lap, arriving just as the author (badly) typed it. The more I can clean up on my first pass, the fewer rounds of revisions I'll have to eat. Most of my work is flat-rate, negotiated in advance, and extra rounds of revisions can eat a shitload of the profit if I'm not careful.

Certainly worth a try!
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

StudioMonkey

Yeah the Text Cleanup will be very useful - I am also grateful for 'PDF Export Single Pages'.  I won't need it very often, but dayum when I need it it will be a lifesaver.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

scottrsimons

Here is one that I use quite a bit. Multi Page Importer. It does exactly what the name implies.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

David

thanks Joe, I snagged a few of those as well.

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

some of those look pretty good, have to bookmark.
swamped!
You ever get a job that just makes you mad?
Job we get every year, I get mad because of the disorganization and the complexity,
and the disorganization and the disorganization :laugh:

Oh yeah it's really freakin disorganized too! :laugh:

Fat Boy Tim

Quote from: Tracy on July 05, 2018, 01:18:59 PMYou ever get a job that just makes you mad?

Urrrrghhh.. Tell me about it!

My entire day has been spent rebuilding a two sided job in illustrator that some joker made in photoshop (tiff with layers). Why? Because another joker promised our top client that they could sign off a proof tomorrow.

Five spot colour lineart job in photoshop, complete with halftone patterns and terrible 3d shading which I had to mimic.

Nevermind Adobe CC subscription, I'm beginning think you should need a license to download it.

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on July 05, 2018, 01:18:59 PMYou ever get a job that just makes you mad?

I've never got a job that didn't make me mad! >:(
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: scottrsimons on July 05, 2018, 05:00:27 AMHere is one that I use quite a bit. Multi Page Importer. It does exactly what the name implies.

I am loving this one. :drunk3:

Tracy

Yeah I will have to check that out too, It looks like it has updates
I use multipage importer all the time.

Fat Boy Tim, I was going to like your post but I Don't like it!!!
I bet you cuss your way thru that one. :angry:
Don't make us angry dang it!!!!!

DigiCorn

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on July 06, 2018, 07:55:11 AM
Quote from: scottrsimons on July 05, 2018, 05:00:27 AMHere is one that I use quite a bit. Multi Page Importer. It does exactly what the name implies.

I am loving this one. :drunk3:
So I was looking forward to using this script after downloading yesterday, and I finally got a chance to use it and it's the same as the previous version I had already installed and been using. Bummer. I was hoping there'd be some new $#!+ to try out, but it's the same old boring one I've been using since here.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Slappy

I realllllly wish it would reset the scaling to 100% every time. I've boned myself by increasing/decreasing that and not noticed it next time I did another job.  :shoots_self:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

pabney

You can fix this yourself if you like.
Open the script in a text editor and find the lines:

percX = Number(prefsFile.readln() );
percY = Number(prefsFile.readln() );

change them to:

//percX = Number(prefsFile.readln() );
//percY = Number(prefsFile.readln() );

This will keep the script from reading in the last settings.

pabney

I guess I should have said that to do this only if you DO want to read in the other previous settings.

If you don't want any of the settings reused change

var usePrefs = true;

to

var usePrefs = false;