Xante Impressia - Edge to edge printing

Started by impodave, February 03, 2021, 07:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

impodave

I have a large catalog envelope job that I need to run the image to the edge on the trailing end of the envelope.

I have three edge printing turned on in iQueue and in the main menu.

I can only get within 1/8 of an inch, any closer and it starts cutting off the image.  What am I missing ?

Thanks.
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

DigiCorn

Sometimes you have to rotate the run of the envelope.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

tell it the envelope is bigger than it is?

Possum

In my experience you can't do that with an Impressia. The item will stop at the fuser. I used to fool another brand of printer but not this one.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigiCorn

Believe me... I have run a shit ton of envelopes through an Impressia.... literally hundreds of thousands...

Ideally, you run it *upside down* with the flap up and away from the feeder, which seems counter-intuitive (seems like the flap will catch and open on feed). It prints on the down side. On occasion, however, there is the need to run it flap side first, which makes more sense, but is not the *true* way to run on a Impressia. Like a press, though, the best way to run is landscape and not dip sheet, if it can be avoided, but on catalog envelopes you should always run dip sheet, regardless of size. You just might need to flip 180, and go flap first... not sure which side your edge printing is on...
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

impodave

Tracy -

I did indeed 'lie" to it and made the page setup 9 x 12.5, rather than 12.

It may be 1 point or so from the edge, but that's close enough for government work.

Thanks !!
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

impodave

Corn ...

The flap end has the bleed on it, running the flap trailing edge and up.

I agree totally with your summary, however.

Drastic times call for drastic measures, sometimes.

Later ...

DigiCorn

a'ight... sorry it didn't help... haven't had it be an issue on my end... can't think of anything else other than to run sideways... Possum is right - often times if you attempt to *trick* the Impressia with a larger size, it won't be fooled, looking for the actual size sheet and stopping...
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

impodave

Ended up following Tracy's lead  :wink: - lied to iQueue and made a page setup that was 9 x12.5, basically lying to it.  Was able to get within a 64th or closer.  Good enough for government work. Thanks, everyone ...

DigiCorn

I still think it's bullshit to lie to a postscript device. Even in 1-bit .tif format. Fuck that. It should just work as intended.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

There's working as the salesman says it will and working as it's really intended.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

impodave

Tracy

:band: Don't you lie to me!  :band:

I'm a Xante singing the blues