The World's Most Photorealistic Vector Art

Started by Joe, January 08, 2009, 09:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

I have done a fair amount of research on these artists. Truly amazing works. It's nice to have most of them, the good ones anyway on 1 site. Nice thread Joe. Big fan of the gradient mesh!
Probably THE only thing in AI that makes FH obsolete. :huh:
Member #285 - Civilian

jezza

one sick prepress mofo

beermonster

if thats for real that pretty bloody good that is
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Stiv

Wow. Makes the work around here look like kid's drawings.

Chelle

Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

gnubler

Neat stuff, if one has that much free time available. The article comments were interesting, especially down toward the bottom.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

jezza

That much time? It's a career choice, rather than a hobby. There are professional illustrators

But as my old art teacher used to say, if you wanna make it photo real, why not just take a photo...
one sick prepress mofo

born2print

Quote from: jezza on January 09, 2009, 11:02:44 AMThat much time? It's a career choice, rather than a hobby. There are professional illustrators

But as my old art teacher used to say, if you wanna make it photo real, why not just take a photo...
I have my doubts about this, as do other folks seemingly...

"voice of reason  (10 August, 2006 17:22) I don't buy it. It's a trick.

All these guys are using the mesh tool to trace a mesh from a photo, then claiming the source photo to be the finished artwork. Not the other way around!

Until I see a vector file posted, instead of a jpg that somebody says is a vector image - then I don't buy it."

I can't get over my first impression of why not shoot a photo or use a rendering software... all this effort doesn't seem to have the same satisfying value as painting on canvass or something, just the right to say you push a vector drawing program way beyond it's anticipated usefullness?  :huh:
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: born2print on January 09, 2009, 11:59:01 AM
Quote from: jezza on January 09, 2009, 11:02:44 AMThat much time? It's a career choice, rather than a hobby. There are professional illustrators

I have my doubts about this, as do other folks seemingly...

"voice of reason  (10 August, 2006 17:22) I don't buy it. It's a trick.

All these guys are using the mesh tool to trace a mesh from a photo, then claiming the source photo to be the finished artwork. Not the other way around!

Until I see a vector file posted, instead of a jpg that somebody says is a vector image - then I don't buy it."

I can't get over my first impression of why not shoot a photo or use a rendering software... all this effort doesn't seem to have the same satisfying value as painting on canvass or something, just the right to say you push a vector drawing program way beyond it's anticipated usefullness?  :huh:
You did see the wireframes, yes? I have dabbled enough with gradient meshes to KNOW these are real. I have a few files in Vector from these artists, would you like one? It's true Bro, believe it.
Member #285 - Civilian

born2print

It would be fun to tear one apart! If it's no trouble, I would like one, but not if it's a bother. Thanks!

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: born2print on January 09, 2009, 12:07:31 PMIt would be fun to tear one apart! If it's no trouble, I would like one, but not if it's a bother. Thanks!
I happen to be on a sorting files kick right now, so no problem at all. Check your e-mail in about 30 minutes... cool?
Member #285 - Civilian

jezza

I've played enough as well to know this stuff is possible, but why not just take a picture and retouch it?

For technical illustrations the gradient mesh technique would be fine, as a display of what is possible, it's remarkably impressive.

As for any point? I don't see one
one sick prepress mofo

gnubler

It must be a career for the independently wealthy, I guess. Maybe it's just the German efficiency in me, but why spend X number of hours tracing a photo so it looks exactly like the photo?

Tracers!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

born2print

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on January 09, 2009, 12:08:24 PMI happen to be on a sorting files kick right now, so no problem at all. Check your e-mail in about 30 minutes... cool?
Very cool
Quote from: jezza on January 09, 2009, 12:08:34 PMI've played enough as well to know this stuff is possible, but why not just take a picture and retouch it?

For technical illustrations the gradient mesh technique would be fine, as a display of what is possible, it's remarkably impressive.

As for any point? I don't see one
Word.