Adobe Illustrator is evil

Started by gnubler, April 09, 2009, 11:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on April 09, 2009, 12:12:35 PMHere we go again. Anyone ever run Action batches in Illy? Just ran a batch, flew right through it, then Illy just sat there like a retard. No response. Wouldn't quit. Finally it just died, killed itself.

Now I'll try Joe's suggestion when I relaunch it.

What? I thought it wouldn't start? :tongue:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

I remember there was a deal with a symbol that would crash Illy. Look in you symbols pallet and see if you have the handicap symbol (the wheelchair thingie), delete/remove that and see if it doesn't fix your lockups.

worth a shot...

or use FREEHAND!!!

:kiss:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: david on April 09, 2009, 12:22:32 PMI remember there was a deal with a symbol that would crash Illy. Look in you symbols pallet and see if you have the handicap symbol (the wheelchair thingie), delete/remove that and see if it doesn't fix your lockups.

worth a shot...

or use FREEHAND!!!

:kiss:

Nope, empty palette. I never use Symbols.

RACIST! Adobe is anti-handicapped people!! That's crap. I hope their CEO falls off his horse and ends up paraplegic.  :sleepy:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

okay...

try this:

1. Start Illustrator.

2. Deselect Appearance from the Window menu.

3. Quit and restart Illustrator.

Note: You can show the Appearance palette after you have restarted Illustrator. The adverse behavior may re-appear in subsequent working sessions and you may have to repeat
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Will try that, Margarita Man. Thanks. Is this a "feature" for both Mac & Win?

And WHY can I not save a workspace in Illy? InDesign - yes. PS - yes. Illy? Nope. Always having to reshuffle palettes.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Tracy

I had a big problem with illy on pc, i had to trash pres in  in doc/settings
(computer name)/application data/adobe/illustrator
oh and my application data folder was hidden, took me awhile to figure that out.
but you prolly know all this, just my 2cents  :tongue:

David

did you look behind your desk?

Like Tracy said, try:
DocumentsandSettings\user\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe\ Illustrator CS Settings and erase everything inside the folder
restart and see if that works
Livin' la Vida Loca

almaink

Illy CS was such a dog and I removed it soon after I installed it. Used 10 for a while till CS2 came out. Now I love CS2, never had a single issue with it. Same with CS3 and 4 though I seldom use those because I hate the new pallets.

OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

David

oh, and spin a headless chicken over your head and chant the words...

Big G, little O, Go! Go!
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: david on April 09, 2009, 02:10:55 PMoh, and spin a headless chicken over your head and chant the words...

Big G, little O, Go! Go!

Actually, I've tried different variations: sitting here naked, standing on one foot, closing my eyes without peeking while Illy starts up, etc. Nothing.

David

you mean standing on one foot didn't work!?
always works for me...

you prolly used the wrong foot.

have you tried the "trash your prefs" dance, yet?
Livin' la Vida Loca

born2print

I may be wrong, but aren't you guys forgetting the "by the light of a full moon" part of the tech fix?
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Tracy

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
i say please 3 times while starting

gnubler

The "please please please" and holding my breath doesn't work either. I've tried all those little tricks.  :banghead:

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.