Freehand versus Illustrator

Started by jezza, December 31, 2009, 07:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

we will be holding our breath, hoping she/he will...

:kona:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

That would truly be glorious. I miss her. :sad:
Member #285 - Civilian

David

may we have a moment of silence in remembrance of all our lost ones...

thank you
 :sad:
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

I only got 3 more left! I got to slow this train down.
Member #285 - Civilian

G_Town

May I remind you that although DCS may be more vocal, l I am still just as rabid a fan of Freehand as he.

When I first went digital it was with Freehand and all our internal files were Freehand and until we started getting files in much later that were in Illy we never used it (Illy).

Having used both extensively I can tell you without reserve Freehand was superior in many respects, ease of use, file integrity, compatibility, rip friendliness, actually more then I can think of now so before you judge walk a mile in DCS or my shoes.

EDUCATE YOURSELVES!

beermonster

i'm saying nothing - i love illy - end of
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

David

QuoteFreehand was superior in many respects

nuff said

LOL
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: david on January 04, 2010, 09:59:26 AM
QuoteFreehand IS STILL superior in many respects

nuff said

LOL

Fixed. I hope you take no offense G.
Member #285 - Civilian

G_Town

David

I guess I got into it too late, when it was version 8 maybe 9, can't remember. Used Corel Draw on a PC before that. Didn't like all the pallets in Freehand (I don't like all the pallets in ID CS4 either), but I got through it and it wasn't that bad.
We had a client that did maps, a place out of California.
Made the most gawd awful maps, with about 300 layers, a bitch to edit, but got it done (I was the only one with guts enough to attempt to edit the pig).
Make an .eps file that would RIP was another story, but that had nothing to do with Freehand, it was the person who did the crap I hated most.
I have doofus's that can't build a Quark file right, and this is from last year!

it's a never ending saga...

oh well, keeps us busy
Livin' la Vida Loca

ratintrap

Quote from: david on January 04, 2010, 12:21:46 PMI have doofus's that can't build a Quark file right, and this is from last year!

it's a never ending saga...

We should do a prepress manifesto.

Grimace

I was really unaware that Freehand was still kicking!
I remember back when computers entered the picture for the art dept at the T-shirt company i worked at, I was trying to tell them about photoshop 2.5
and they just stared at me like I was an alien, they didn't know Mac  from PC and had just bought $8000 in equipment with a little program by Aldus called Freehand...they knew nothing about it.

Funny, flash forward to a couple months ago and I was cleaning cabinets where i am now and found some 5 inch diskettes of....Aldus Freehand circa 1987!

Stiv

Stirring the pot are we? When it is all said and done - who doesn't like a Free Hand job?