masks or paths

Started by DigiCorn, April 07, 2011, 09:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

I would like to look at it, too. I'm an Illustrator *expert*.  :shocked:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Joe,
How can I post a link to a file on b4print? Or should I just let you log into my ftp?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

frailer

Upload file to SendSpace, or similar. When it's uploaded, right click>'Copy Link Location'.   Paste link here in a post.

You can also use the buttons in the screenshot, too, I think. 'Insert Hyperlink' being one.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigiCorn

Quote from: frailer on April 07, 2011, 01:52:51 PMUpload file to SendSpace, or similar. When it's uploaded, right click>'Copy Link Location'.   Paste link here in a post.
oh geez... duh!!
here it is as provided to me (this IS a CS5 file): http://www.sendspace.com/file/09wf3t
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

you have a weird grouping going on.
Select the image, go to your layers (hide all but the one) see where the image in on the layer, open the flyout and select the image name (woman pointing), click on the little circle to the right to actually select the image, then un-group to get the image out of the mask.
There is a colored box on top of the image, move that aside to get to the image.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

I wasn't able to ungroup it. When I pasted into Photoshop it's like there's a path, but there's not. And a transparent bg.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

you have to select the image in the layers pallet, other wise you're clicking on the wrong object.
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

I did. Ungroup is not an option, AFAICS.

David

I did it, are you clicking on the circle to the right of the image name in the layers pallet?
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

I see what you're saying about ungrouping it... but then once the art is moved where I need it, I can't use the existing art to remask it. I can't move it without recropping to the stationary mask, and once ungrouped, I lose the mask.

Don't worry about the colored transparency overlay - I'm aware of it and it's a non-issue.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

David

yeah, someone got real creative when they built that. musta been a degree'd dezinger, fresh out of skool
Livin' la Vida Loca

David

what exactly are you needing to do with the image?
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

It's already completed, plated and printed. The folds were just a hair off. I had to move everything over a tad.

In space terms, that's half a million miles.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

I would have just Photoshopped it.

Joe

Quote from: david on April 07, 2011, 02:36:43 PMyeah, someone got real creative when they built that. musta been a degree'd dezinger, fresh out of skool

I would hate to guess how much time the deziner spent on creating that mess.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.