News:

Main Menu

DCS file

Started by frailer, January 05, 2014, 09:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Earendil on July 08, 2014, 04:10:33 PMI talk to Jez now and again. He keeps busy and is well.

Excellent. Pass the word I say, "hi".
Member #285 - Civilian

frailer

QuoteAppreciated, mí Capitan. You doing okay down there?

Moosn't groomble. Extremities are a bit numb, as it's mid-winter down here, and it's actually cold(ish) this year. Other than that... :shrug:   and   ---->   :old:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigitalCrapShoveler

I need to brush up on my Australian.

I kid, I kid. Good to know, sir. :grin:
Member #285 - Civilian

delooch

shit, i drop off the face of the earth for 3 months and DCS returns?

WTF? How ya been?

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: delooch on July 09, 2014, 10:51:36 AMshit, i drop off the face of the earth for 3 months and DCS returns?

WTF? How ya been?

Good, better... great. I feel like my old self again. It took awhile to get back to me again, but it feels good and it felt like the right time to come back. Missed you, buddy.

How you been?
Member #285 - Civilian

delooch

fuckin' A!

just took 3 months off on paid stress leave. shit got really bad there for a while, my brain/body started to short-circuit.
its my first week back, and i return to a clusterfuck bigger than i left.
the best part? im hopped up on so much xanex i just dont give a shit.. about anything!  :kissass:
...and even after that stunt, people are welcoming me like the second coming of christ..

im sure youve heard it all before, but im glad youre around and still kicking. true fucking prepressers have perseverance, thats for sure...

DigitalCrapShoveler

I know EXACTLY where your coming from. Goofballs, Xanax, whatever your prescribed poison... it made me an empty shell and I just didn't care. It took a lot to get away from that and to get back to being the man I was. My whole family suffered from my half-hearted decisions.

My job helped me in ways I didn't think were possible or even practical. The people I work with cared enough to reach out and give me the help I couldn't ask for. They saved my life. I am a Prepress guy, and as much as I hate certain aspects of it, I love my job and the people I work with and for. Loyalty, man... plain and simple.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

Sorry to hear you had such a bad go of it but I'm damn glad you're back. Sometimes those hard roads are needed to make you a better person.

That includes both of you guys.  :group:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

:group: Indeed. Hats off to the both of ya.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Appreciated. I owe all of you guys a lot. I remember my debts. A Lannister, I mean Barnes always pays his debts. :wink:
Member #285 - Civilian

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on July 09, 2014, 12:35:00 PMSorry to hear you had such a bad go of it but I'm damn glad you're back. [redacted]

:goodpost:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

delooch

Quote from: Farabomb on July 09, 2014, 12:35:00 PMSorry to hear you had such a bad go of it but I'm damn glad you're back. Sometimes those hard roads are needed to make you a better person.

i didnt really know how bad i had it until i was away from it for 3 weeks or so.  now im cool as a cucumber.
ill still bring the hustle when required, but that shit is going to be dispensed at a premium.

you think you have your shit together, then one day....

DigiCorn

How is Xanex? I've had a lot of dental work done lately, and originally my anxiety and blood pressure were through the roof. They (the dentist) gave me a prescription for something.... Valium, I think, and it was awful. I abstained from caffeine and alcohol for 48 hours, and then popped 3 valium. It made me so sick; it was worse than the anxiety. I wanted to vomit, and it didn't do a thing to calm me down.

On the bright side, my dentist is awesome, and I think I can say that I am 100% cured of dentist anxiety. I've been back 4 times, and haven't needed to take anything beforehand.

[edit]
QuoteI abstained from caffeine and alcohol for 48 hours

Just read what I typed. Maybe I had the DTs?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

not sure about cutting out alcohol (no experience with that, LOL)...  but no caffeine will make you angry with a kick ass headache.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca