HP 1055c printer- dropping charachters?

Started by delooch, May 14, 2009, 01:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

We have an HP 1055c we use for doing posters, mainly 24x30 and 24x36.. today i had a banner (2'x6') and toward the tail end of the job, the printer had "dropped" some characters.. The PDF is good, all vector, no wierdness that i can tell. Prints fine if i check the "print as image" box..

I dont fool much with these things, but im trying to figure out whats up.. what do you think? possible out of memory error? postscript issues?  Ive even outlined the type and it does the same. Only toward the end of the banner..

whoami

what rip are u using to send to the printer?  or are you printing directly from the printer driver?

delooch

No RIP, just direct print. Never had this issue before, but never really printed anything over 3'x4' with it before. Im fine with the rasterized output if thats what i have to do, just seems it should handle the postscript.

Joe

Try shrinking it and see if it still does it. If it doesn't still do it then it's probably the memory thing since reducing it will need less memory to print.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

delooch

yep. scaled it down to 3' and no problems.

wow, a whopping 64MB of ram installed on this thing. is that common for these? 64MB doesnt seem like much.

Joe

That's probably the base amount. Can't have too much these days. :wink:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

whoami

We have 2 of those machines and we had to have our tech guy upgrade the RAM on the machine because it was printing slow.  It made a big difference.