Laserjet 4M Plus Problem

Started by Slappy, April 24, 2008, 09:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Some bonehead in the office sent a file to the HP 4M Plus and it's running garbage pages. The printer isn't administered through a server, so there's no queue I can remove the fie from, it must be stuck in the printer's resident memory. Anybody know how to clear the damned thing, or do I just have to let it print until the file runs out?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Turn it off and let it set for 30 seconds should do it.

Also if you go to the printers control panel on the PC where it was printed from and double click the printer you should see a queue of print jobs where you can cancel it if it is still in there.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

Tried the Power off thing, and even removed the network cable - every time it goes back Online it starts printing crap again.

I don't know which station sent the crap file, or I'd go & beat them severely about the head & shoulders, believe me!  :machinegun:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

LOL...if it still prints after turning it off then it is still in a queue somewhere. Go reboot all the suspect Windows machine and it might warn you there are print jobs in the queue before it reboots. If it doesn't, then after it re-boots it might tell you there are pending print jobs and ask if you want to continue printing. Or open the print queues on all Windows machines and see which one has it in the queue.

Slappy

Screw it - I let it run the 80-90 sheets of paper and now it's fine. Hey, we're a freakin' Green FSC Printer!! What the hell do I care??  :laugh:

Joe

Not too bad if it's under a hundred. I had a co-worker once that emptied the 500 sheet feeder...TWICE!!!