Bryce 7 Pro FREE Today Only!!!

Started by Nick Burns, February 24, 2012, 08:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

download and install. when you registered for the downloads, they send you an email with the activation license numbers.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on February 28, 2012, 01:20:40 PMdownload and install. when you registered for the downloads, they send you an email with the activation license numbers.

Yeah, I got the email with with the license numbers. I didn't see a link to download the software though. But now I see that they are installed with DAZ Studio 4 and I just need the serial number to activate that feature. Got all of it.

Thanks again Nick.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Nick Burns

Quote from: Joe on February 28, 2012, 12:54:09 PM
Quote from: Nick Burns on February 27, 2012, 01:59:29 PMFor the hardcore, here's more free stuff expiring in 2 days, log into your account, then click links below to add to your cart, I would definitely grab at least the FBX Plug-in...

$199.95 Content Creator Toolkit (CCT) - geared toward serious content creators, developing complex figures and accessories.

$99.95 FBX Plug-in for DAZ Studio - the leading 3D File Interchange Format. Exporting in the FBX format provides you access to an industry-wide 3D format.

$99.95 DAZ Studio 4 Auto-Fit Tool - provides a quick and easy way to automatically fit clothing originally made specifically for your favorite DAZ 3D figures to the new GenesisTM base figure.

$49.95 Texture Atlas for DAZ Studio - for optimizing textures for realtime use (game creators, etc...)

I purchased these ($0.00) but they aren't listed on my downloads page. It only has installation instructions available for download?

I have had the same problem, I got 3 of the 4 but one didn't populate, I'm going to try "purchasing it" again.
Oh by the way, YOU'RE WELCOME!

Grimace

I downloaded and installed last night. I am out of practice with Bryce, so I may have to read instructions. Usually after clicking anything you see, stuff becomes clear enough.

Now I need to bone up on running Snow Leopard and Lion on the same machine. I haven't partitioned a drive in a while, and am not sure about logging into one OS over the other.

hotmetal

Thanks, Nick!

I got serial numbers for and downloaded the 3 biggies you first pointed us to and then got the FBX plugin and the Texture Atlas plus the docs for both.

Back in... ahem... The Day... 1991 or so, when I had one of the last typeshops in town shot out from under me, I was in a partnership with a designer. I flowed a lot of text into layouts for her and made all the charts and diagrams and illustrations, for a whole bunch of high-end clients.

One day, Ray Dream, an expensive early 3D app, offered itself for a mere $199, so I bought it, not knowing squat about 3D wireframes and texture mapping. It ran so slow on my IIci I got frustrated, but they threw in a little program (can't remember the name) that let you import Illustrator eps files and extrude and rotate the Illustrator object. Stuff that's been in Illustrator for years, but wasn't in it at the time. I got my $199 worth out of that app making 3D pie charts and extruded bargraphs and stuff. Once you'd processed the object you could bring it back into Illustrator and do whatever you wanted with it. That little program plus the early Adobe Streamline paid my rent for a number of years. Back in The Day.

At some point, Ray Dream released a limited edition for the Mac for $99, but by then I had moved on to Prepress and didn't much care.

So,  now we'll see what Bryce is all about, eh? In my copious free time. Thanks again, Nick!
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

Nick Burns

Quote from: Grimace on February 28, 2012, 02:25:33 PMI downloaded and installed last night. I am out of practice with Bryce, so I may have to read instructions. Usually after clicking anything you see, stuff becomes clear enough.

Hasn't really changed as far as interface, just it's capabilities and formats have been greatly expanded.

Quote from: Grimace on February 28, 2012, 02:25:33 PMNow I need to bone up on running Snow Leopard and Lion on the same machine. I haven't partitioned a drive in a while, and am not sure about logging into one OS over the other.

Beginning with Snow Leopard up, you can live partition, put one OS on one partition, put the other on the other partition, then you just designate which partition you want to boot in preferences startup. All of this is under the assumption that you're on a machine that will run Snow Leopard, if it's a new machine with Lion, hang it up.

Nick Burns

Quote from: hotmetal on February 28, 2012, 02:30:24 PMThanks, Nick!

I got serial numbers for and downloaded the 3 biggies you first pointed us to and then got the FBX plugin and the Texture Atlas plus the docs for both.

Back in... ahem... The Day... 1991 or so, when I had one of the last typeshops in town shot out from under me, I was in a partnership with a designer. I flowed a lot of text into layouts for her and made all the charts and diagrams and illustrations, for a whole bunch of high-end clients.

One day, Ray Dream, an expensive early 3D app, offered itself for a mere $199, so I bought it, not knowing squat about 3D wireframes and texture mapping. It ran so slow on my IIci I got frustrated, but they threw in a little program (can't remember the name) that let you import Illustrator eps files and extrude and rotate the Illustrator object. Stuff that's been in Illustrator for years, but wasn't in it at the time. I got my $199 worth out of that app making 3D pie charts and extruded bargraphs and stuff. Once you'd processed the object you could bring it back into Illustrator and do whatever you wanted with it. That little program plus the early Adobe Streamline paid my rent for a number of years. Back in The Day.

At some point, Ray Dream released a limited edition for the Mac for $99, but by then I had moved on to Prepress and didn't much care.

So,  now we'll see what Bryce is all about, eh? In my copious free time. Thanks again, Nick!

Hope you enjoy, now you got me racking my brain trying to think of what that program was, I've still got all of those programs on my PowerMac 8500 at home. I played with all of them but unfortunately wasn't as enterprising with them as you, they never paid me for anything.

Nick Burns

Attention stragglers, this offer has been extended through the end of March!

Ear

Quote from: Nick Burns on March 01, 2012, 02:57:39 PMAttention stragglers, this offer has been extended through the end of March!

Okay, finally got my attention.  :laugh: :hello:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Ear

Signed up, downloaded and installed. Ohhhh man... very cool. I played with this program years ago and it has come a long way. Also helps to be on a machine that can render in a fairly quick manner.

Thanks Nick. Great tip!

:goodpost:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Grimace

Quote from: Nick Burns on February 28, 2012, 02:45:31 PM
Quote from: Grimace on February 28, 2012, 02:25:33 PMI downloaded and installed last night. I am out of practice with Bryce, so I may have to read instructions. Usually after clicking anything you see, stuff becomes clear enough.

Hasn't really changed as far as interface, just it's capabilities and formats have been greatly expanded.

Quote from: Grimace on February 28, 2012, 02:25:33 PMNow I need to bone up on running Snow Leopard and Lion on the same machine. I haven't partitioned a drive in a while, and am not sure about logging into one OS over the other.

Beginning with Snow Leopard up, you can live partition, put one OS on one partition, put the other on the other partition, then you just designate which partition you want to boot in preferences startup. All of this is under the assumption that you're on a machine that will run Snow Leopard, if it's a new machine with Lion, hang it up.
Thanks for the info.
I haven't had a chance to get back into Bryce, but the earlier version came packed with presets for terrain, water, objects, sky and lights. It looks like this version everything needs to be built from scratch. Not really a fun way to do some quick testing. I also liked being able to see what settings the pros used for the surfaces they came up with.

If I am missing something(and that is sooo possible) I should figure it out by playing around a bit more this weekend.