Does anybody else find dreamweaver to be a pain?

Started by Zach, July 18, 2008, 01:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

I've been using Dreamweaver for long time now -- maybe not as long as some of you -- but I hate it. Is GoLive any better? Honestly. It seems at times, Dreamweaver just "decides" to do things. I was reading a strain from DCS about which app to start with -- I kinda skimmed through some of it -- I would have to say Flash for sure. So many sites are implementing flash elements, it's becoming a mainstay. I hate flash too.
Operating System: Gas, Direct Piston Driven, High Cyclic Rate, Belt-Fed.

Joe

Go Live was replaced by Dreamweaver. I like Dreamweaver a lot better than Go Live. That being said I prefer the Open Source options over DreamWeaver.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Zach

Yeah, I guess I didn't think about that. No more GoLive.

Zach

This is the site that I've been building. A separate firm was contracted to "design" the site, and I was hired to make it work. What a pain.
www.initial-attack.com

gnubler

I only used DW for code highlighting - no more. I now use HTML-Kit on Windows and Text Wrangler on Mac. If I'm doing a smaller custom built site, I just hand code everything. The majority of sites I do now are CMS (Wordpress, Joomla) so most coding and design is done online anyway.

When I first got into web design I started with GoLive v.4. What a clunky piece of crap - I really struggled with learning the basics. I should have just learned how to code myself from the very beginning - those apps can generate a lot of garbage if you don't know what to look for.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

delooch

i use Dreamweaver 4 when i have to do webstuff.  ive got the newer versions, but thats what im comfortable with.. its changed alot since the adobe takeover, i dont use it enough to keep up on the newer versions..

Zach