quark 8 to 7 conversion

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, October 28, 2010, 09:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

I know this is asking a lot....is anyone capable of saving qxd 8's down to 7's? We get this same frikken job 2x per year and now the artist has moved to 8. The demo we had has expired. There's 5 files and they are emailable. Compensation may be a problem but HUGE Karma points are in store here!

pspdfppdfxhd

I JUST DON'T WANNA HAVE TO ASK TO BUY QUARK 8 IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Tracy

DigitalCrapShoveler

Yeah, post the file or PM me a link. If Tracy can't do it.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

I can lend a hand as well. PM me the details.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

pspdfppdfxhd

wow you guys are great. Uploaded to ftp site: Details:

name of file: Quark8s.zip

ftp site                 ftp://regalpress.myftpserver.com

u/n                         misc
P/w                        misc9128

David

we have 8 as well, not that I'm bragging, just looking for sympathy...

let me know if I can help.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

You got 'em. I posted them back on your site.
Member #285 - Civilian

pspdfppdfxhd

thanks IMMENSELY DCS.. that was FAST!! You are officially awarded 50 Karma points. I've got all 5 files open right now. AWESOME!

gnubler

Quote from: david on October 28, 2010, 09:26:03 AMwe have 8 as well, not that I'm bragging, just looking for sympathy...

You've got it. I'm using 7 here and it's probably only 85% as painful as 8.

My condolences to all involved in this thread.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on October 28, 2010, 09:46:35 AMthanks IMMENSELY DCS.. that was FAST!! You are officially awarded 50 Karma points. I've got all 5 files open right now. AWESOME!

No problem at all. I had it open anyway.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Pagemaker used to have that cool "fade to black" screen effect after you zoomed in and out of a document.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

I remember that!

it was one of the first "features".
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: david on October 28, 2010, 02:58:09 PMI remember that!

it was one of the first "features".

One of the last, too. I don't think it was ever fixed, I was still dealing with it in PM 6 or 7 until we made PM go away forever.