Enfocus announces PitStop 2017

Started by Joe, March 08, 2017, 06:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on October 15, 2017, 05:03:02 PM
Quote from: Slappy on October 15, 2017, 03:14:32 PMSo I'll need access to their Enfocus account to get that new Product Key, most likely. At least it's not convoluted or anything.  :hangme:

Unless you have multiple single license product keys.
I'd suspect that's exactly what's happened, based on how other licenses that should have been consolidated haven't yet. I'll poke at when I get a chance, thanks man!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

frailer

Am very wary until we get the second licence. A bit of an 'ain't broke, don't...'  until then.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

abc

@Slappy
As you have a subscription license on that machine you already have a license for PitStop 2017, it's automatically updated as part of the subscription. You just have to install the new software, but it might ask you for the EnfocusID, Login (email)/Password after installation.
To get the installer just go to 'help' check for updates, and that should allow you to download it.

Joe

Quote from: abc on October 16, 2017, 12:21:32 PM@Slappy
As you have a subscription license on that machine you already have a license for PitStop 2017, it's automatically updated as part of the subscription. You just have to install the new software, but it might ask you for the EnfocusID, Login (email)/Password after installation.
To get the installer just go to 'help' check for updates, and that should allow you to download it.

Does that mean when you have the maintenance plan the product key won't change from version to version like I am used to?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

abc

Hi Joe
No, the maintenance is based on a perpetual license, so when you renew you get a new license.
the subscription is a 'rolling' license.
Big difference is that with a subscription if you stop paying it stops working.

frailer

Quote from: abc on October 16, 2017, 01:37:12 PMHi Joe
No, the maintenance is based on a perpetual license, so when you renew you get a new license.
the subscription is a 'rolling' license.
Big difference is that with a subscription if you stop paying it stops working.
ABC, is there a way to confirm from the serial No. and Lic. code I have for the first one, as to whether it's Maintenance or Sub?
Am 99% sure it's Maintenance. The agents here are very sweet, but can't readily answer that level of question. I remain wary of plugging either of them (Maint. 2017) in until we have the second one. We have perfectly adequate v 12s going on Acrobat XI until then; will only be a week or so.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

abc

Hi Frailer
If you have a license key then it's a perpetual, the subscription ones are kinda in the background, so you can't see them.

frailer

Quote from: abc on October 17, 2017, 02:32:29 PMHi Frailer
If you have a license key then it's a perpetual, the subscription ones are kinda in the background, so you can't see them.

Thanks abc; I get it now. They're achieving similar things, but different oversight methods, I guess.

My ex-compadra here just SMS'd me as she has a new iMac at her new place, and she's needing upgrade info. PitStop.

I've given her as much info as I can, and the name of the agent here in Sydney.