PCC Screening folder

Started by G_Town, June 04, 2009, 12:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

Yous guys with nexus no it's kinda off a pain to have to copy the screening folder back into the build whenever you update.

Anyway make a short cut and leave your screening folder outside of the build then just put the shortcut in the nexus folder making sure its just called PCC Screening like the original.

I thought it was nifty at least :undecided:

whoami

What's your upgrade process like?  I usually just run the installer and point it to the same folder as the current install and it overwrites whatever it needs.  I never have to move the PCC screening folder.  I sometimes delete everything, except the PCCscreening folder, and run the installer.    :huh:

-whoami

Joe

Quote from: G_Town on June 04, 2009, 12:29:39 PMYous guys with nexus no it's kinda off a pain to have to copy the screening folder back into the build whenever you update.

Anyway make a short cut and leave your screening folder outside of the build then just put the shortcut in the nexus folder making sure its just called PCC Screening like the original.

Did Long approve this method you rebel?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

Quote from: whoami on June 04, 2009, 01:11:43 PMWhat's your upgrade process like?  I usually just run the installer and point it to the same folder as the current install and it overwrites whatever it needs.  I never have to move the PCC screening folder.  I sometimes delete everything, except the PCCscreening folder, and run the installer.    :huh:

-whoami

We normally keep 2 versions (new and old).

Uh no not Long approved :undecided:

Oh and running nexus 9.1 and artpro 9.0 no issues so far after almost a week.

T

Quote from: Joe on June 04, 2009, 01:19:53 PM
Quote from: G_Town on June 04, 2009, 12:29:39 PMYous guys with nexus no it's kinda off a pain to have to copy the screening folder back into the build whenever you update.

Did Long approve this method you rebel?

He'd be very upset.!!

G_Town

Captain_Type

Quote from: G_Town on July 15, 2009, 08:17:23 AMDis not way to do it!

Way to make a Long story short, G.  :laugh:
Esko Automation Engine 23
ArtPro+ 23
Javelin Imagesetter

G_Town

PrepressN00b

Just create a alias of the pcc screening folder and copy that into your new version location. Work fine here (said with longs accent)
Peter Kincaid
Hybrid Software

G_Town

Same difference (alias that is).

BUT DAT WAY WORK TOO!