News:

Main Menu

Font Base?

Started by AaronH, July 01, 2020, 11:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronH

Has anyone given this one a try? It looks like a nice free font management tool.

I haven't played around with it too much but there were some fonts I couldn't add from our external HDDs not sure if that was something wrong with their encoding or what not, a lot of our fonts give errors if dropped into Font Book so not sure if that could have been it. Helvetica CE Narrow was the font family we were having issues getting dropped into Font Base.

Here's a link if you guys want to check it out.

https://fontba.se
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

Joe

I tested it some time ago and I don't remember exactly why but there was some reason why we didn't start using it here. Maybe they fixed what I didn't like about it?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

AaronH

I found out the issue I'm having with dropping some fonts in to Font Base, is that those fonts had Zero KB for size. Derp. :facepalm:

born2print

that never gets old!
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

AaronH

I'm noticing about the Type 1 issue. Most of ours are Type 1. I'm probably going to just go back to copying to the fonts folder.

DigiCorn

Weird... my earlier post I know I did, and that you're responding to isn't showing up...

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

That post was made right about the time my hosting provider moved all of my stuff to a new server. So it is still there. On a server that no one can see anymore.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.