EAL remove specific Spots_nil result

Started by frailer, November 11, 2014, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

I got this custom one from someone here.. (Joe?).'Remove specific colours+CMYK_keep regos' .. although the naming looks DIY by me...  :-\

I load the specific Spot of the 2 in the job, to be retained. EAL runs, says it's OK, but does nothing. Wrong colour space? Something else?
A couple of s/shots to help illuminate.

.... have tried selecting DeviceN color spaces for all; same (non) result.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Doesn't look familiar to me but then my memory isn't what it used to be. So you want to remove everything except the registration marks and the spot color named Silver Foil?

Not really sure but it is hard without a file to test it on. Can you link me the PDF and the action list?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Shall do...

Link
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

OK....there is nothing in the file that is CMYK or NChannel so I can see why that didn't do anything. The only things in the file are the registration marks, the Silver Foil spot and the Emboss spot. So basically you want to to get rid of the spot Emboss?

If that is what you are after...try the attached EAL.

frailer

OK, thanks for that. And it made me get my arse into gear and get on top of EAL creation.   :embarrassed:  So did the obverse/... remove Silver Foil.

--->  :cheesy:

frailer

OK, it's sad bastid time. I may have received a knock on the head, but am now getting EAL creation, sorta. Just amended an earlier one of yours, Joe, and worked a treat.
I still have to wrap the mind around the Operators; which should be simple but can be a bit counter-intuitive... to me, anyway.  :-[
Any tips on applying these.. and in what order?...  I had to include, I realised, Images as well. But I rate it as progress...  :grin:

frailer

Original XMF Export/imposed.

Here is the amended EAL, if you get a chance to check it out and critique...  

Amended EAL

Joe

I find the operators counter-intuitive too. My method is usually to try something and if it fails try something different until I get the result I am looking for. Not the best way I'm sure but it works...eventually.

frailer

Somewhat reassuring. I've uploaded the amended EAL. I realised I needed to include images, as well; but also the 'range' of Process colours in non-image stuff... i.e., 0 -->100 in C,M,Y,K.

A suitable pain threshold was reached on manually deleting unwanted elements prior to sending out to finishers. That was the motivator.

frailer

Back to ancient printed out clip folder PitStop Manual. Finally got a good result with this one, (I couldn't replicate the earlier success, but seemed to be tripping up on what it was being applied to... even though I'd extracted that page, it seemed to want me to apply to 'Complete Document', not 'Current Page'...  ::) )
Here's some stuff I found out about Operators. The thing that confused me before was that if you want to select times Roman and Times Roman Italic, you have to use 'OR'. Not 'AND'; as they can't be both. But you could use AND if you were looking for Times New Roman which was also 100C fill. They can be both, in that instance,

'NOT' can only apply to one item.

'AND' and 'OR' can apply to 1 or 2 preceding items, but not 3 or more.

The operators apply to preceding items, not following items.

Grandma may be sucking eggs on this stuff, but it helped me just typing it out..  :laugh:

Joe

Quote from: frailer on November 12, 2014, 06:20:22 PMBack to ancient printed out clip folder PitStop Manual. Finally got a good result with this one, (I couldn't replicate the earlier success, but seemed to be tripping up on what it was being applied to... even though I'd extracted that page, it seemed to want me to apply to 'Complete Document', not 'Current Page'...  ::) )
Here's some stuff I found out about Operators. The thing that confused me before was that if you want to select times Roman and Times roman Italic, you have to use 'OR'. Not 'AND'; as they can't be both. But you could use AND if you were looking for Times New Roman which was also 100C fill. They can be both, in that instance,

'NOT' can only apply to one item.

'AND' and 'OR' can apply to 1 or 2 preceding items, but not 3 or more.

The operators apply to preceding items, not following items.

Grandma may be sucking eggs on this stuff, but it helped me just typing it out..  :laugh:

:yuck2:

It is making me dizzy just reading it. ;D

frailer

Yes, a welcome lunch break after that... :whew:

Considering making EAL creation a recreational activity.  :-\

Late/final/extra version here

swampymarsh

They can do your head in, however there is a strange kind of logic once one is in the zone...

________

AND is a logical operator. This means it is used to select a single object with more than one attribute. For example, selecting text that was Helvetica AND size 12 pt would be written:

Select Font Helvetica
Select Text if PointSize = 12.00 pt
AND

You do NOT use AND to select two different objects. For example, the following is incorrect because a font cannot be both Helvetica and Arial:

Select Font Helvetica
Select Font Arial
AND

________

NOT is a logical operator. It is used to exclude objects according to their attributes. For example, if you wanted to select all the text in a document that was not Arial you would need to exclude Arial from your selection. This could be written as folows:

Select Text
Select Font Arial
NOT

NOT only applies to the immediately preceeding item in the list of selections

________

OR is a logical operator. It is used to select objects that share attributes. For example, selecting all text that is either Helvetica OR Arial would be written:

Select Font Helvetica
Select Font Arial
OR

You do NOT use OR to exclude objects. For example, the following will not only choose 14pt fonts if there are no 12pt fonts. Rather it will select all 12pt and 14pt fonts:

Select Text if PointSize = 12.00 pt
Select Text if PointSize = 14.00 pt
OR

________

The following link is gold!

http://www.enfocus.co.uk/support/actions_index.lasso

________

EDIT:

Attached are some EAL files that may be of help!

Joe

Quote from: swampymarsh on November 13, 2014, 04:51:41 AM...

________

The following link is gold!

http://www.enfocus.co.uk/support/actions_index.lasso

________

EDIT:

Attached are some EAL files that may be of help!

Good info and .eal. Thanks.

frailer

Yeah good stuff, swampy. It's wrapping the mind around OR and AND ... OR --> select 2 different things, (but can be 2 fonts, say).
                                                                                                            AND --> select (separate-class) attributes of a single thing

... that was tripping me up in the past.

NOT at least is a little more straightforward.
I don't see much point in keeping EAL logic lists succinct; they run in seconds anyway, (unless it's a huge file). I'd rather see it laid out sequentially, even if it involves a few more steps.
I think I'm over being spooked by the process, at least, now.