MassTransit as a FTP system

Started by kermit, September 10, 2007, 10:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kermit

Does anyone use MassTransit from GroupLogic?
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

chris_r

ive used it before...it was pretty nice.  i had some trouble getting it to work on my mac for a while, i think it was some kind of java problem, i needed to update it to the latest version.  but overall it was very nice, had good email notification system.  also organized the files in a very easy to follow scheme based on date and time.  drag and drop interface through a web browser.  no problems with it.

that being said i use insite now to interface with prinergy, so i havent used it in a year.

cr

kermit

I have version 4.5 and don't want to upgrade to 5 as this thing is SUPER expensive. I am trying to use Rumpus for ftp transfers as much as I can but my boss likes it because others don't have it and we do...
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

chris_r

there are so many flavors of ftp these days, everyone has a favorite.  when i need to ftp something, i always fall back on cyberduck.  easy to use, nice interface, and FREE.

cr

kermit

I love Cyberduck and rbrowser as ftp clients but I guess I was not clear enough - Rumpus is very advanced ftp server

chris_r

aaahhhh....this is where my ftp knowledge comes to an end.

good luck!

cr

Vee

Most would disagree with me on this.... but ..

I use the FTP service via OS X Server running on an XServe.
Set it up about.. emmmm..... 4 or 5 years ago maybe - I have never had one single problem with it.
It does not support a web browser, so that may be it's down fall. I just email a link to FireFTP and/or Cyberduck, etc.. there are tons of free FTP clients now. So IMO - it's not really a down fall.
It's not the job that's so bad.. it's your attitude.

GO RED SOX!!

mwc

I use rumpus (5.2) - great FTP and Web Browser File Manager interface (and easy to manage web forms and notifications)
The new version (5.3) - beta download at the site....has WebDav support and has added a drag-n-drop interface to the Web Browser based file manager...

beermonster

i use cyberduck to retrieve files from ftp sites - works a dream - never had an issue at all

aand i love having a duck icon in the dock! makes a change from that boring quack one (see what i did there - duck and quack...)
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Vee

Quote from: beermonster on September 13, 2007, 02:33:09 AMi use cyberduck to retrieve files from ftp sites - works a dream - never had an issue at all

aand i love having a duck icon in the dock! makes a change from that boring quack one (see what i did there - duck and quack...)

duck.. quack.... LOL
You are funny. I didn't believe it when they told me.. :P
It's not the job that's so bad.. it's your attitude.

GO RED SOX!!

David

We use FTP Pro for our set up, but we also have sprinkled around on some Macs Cyberduck, Fetch and Transmit. All work fine and haven't had any problems.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca