Images in PDFs

Started by determined, March 09, 2009, 07:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

determined

That's great!!   :laugh:
Murphy must have been in printing....

DigitalCrapShoveler

It represents the "Call."

PDF, Postscript, Distiller, Color Management and Actions in any combination is like a shining beacon in a world of darkness!
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Don't ruin my metaphors. :tongue:
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

I am the Master of Darkness. I couldn't help it.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

G_Town

I like printing it pays my house payment, keeps my kids clothed and fed and allows me to live this lavish life style so fuck you.

That is all.

hotmetal

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on March 25, 2009, 04:30:10 PM

Jeepers DCS, don't let my boss see this, he'll be beaming it in my bedroom window every time the 1st shift gets a pdf from preflight.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

DigitalCrapShoveler

This is NO joking matter Sir! Do you realize the RAW power we wield!?! With a snap of the finger, I could have the calvary in here within an hour or so, cleaning your clock Bro!
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Quote from: G_Town on March 26, 2009, 06:25:38 PMI like Publisher and Microsoft Word it pays my bar bill, keeps my kids out in the shed and allows me to build up an impressive stock of firearms so fuck you.

That is all.

Fixed.

Bugs

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on March 25, 2009, 09:53:00 AM
Quote from: determined on March 10, 2009, 08:40:11 AMoops--feel the need to add a postscript (yeah, I know ps is dead) to this....

If your image does not come back in the correct position, make sure you don't have any presets in your save as pdf dialogue. It should be the Illustrator default preset. I found this out the hard way (even though you can always command z the edit)

Postscript is NOT dead. :angry:
I hate to say it, but postscript IS dead. PDF shanked him in the side. Then had to take a Pitstop for some Raw meat.
Prinergy 7
Bunch of Macs
Some PCs
Advanced PH8 systems
Epsons
Among other Prepress Crap

G_Town

Quote from: gnubler on March 26, 2009, 09:42:12 PM
Quote from: G_Town on March 26, 2009, 06:25:38 PMI like Publisher and Microsoft Word it pays my bar bill, keeps my kids out in the shed and allows me to build up an impressive stock of firearms so fuck you.

That is all.

Fixed.

1. I have never ever even seen a Publisher file.

2. I can't disagree with the rest.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Bugs on March 27, 2009, 02:41:56 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on March 25, 2009, 09:53:00 AM
Quote from: determined on March 10, 2009, 08:40:11 AMoops--feel the need to add a postscript (yeah, I know ps is dead) to this....

If your image does not come back in the correct position, make sure you don't have any presets in your save as pdf dialogue. It should be the Illustrator default preset. I found this out the hard way (even though you can always command z the edit)

Postscript is NOT dead. :angry:
I hate to say it, but postscript IS dead. PDF shanked him in the side. Then had to take a Pitstop for some Raw meat.

Shhhh, whatever! I'm talkin' to the guy RIGHT now.
Member #285 - Civilian

determined

PS is not dead as long as it lives on in the hearts of the faithful few.....   :wink:
Murphy must have been in printing....

ratintrap

I know PS well, and PS error too. :puke: