PNG screen captures

Started by David, February 28, 2008, 09:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris_r

Quote from: Gutnbg on February 28, 2008, 07:39:02 PMShift-Cmd-4 and space bar gives you a shot of any individual window you choose. I find this VERY helpful.

Hit the space bar again and you toggle to/from the marquee tool.
VERY nice.  this is the best method i have seen yet!

Gutnbg

I love those little tricks that are like, "wow, once you know about this stuff it's SOOO much easier!"
Too weeks ago i cuddent even spel PRINTOR an now i are one

G_Town

Quote from: Gutnbg on February 28, 2008, 07:39:02 PMShift-Cmd-4 and space bar gives you a shot of any individual window you choose. I find this VERY helpful.

Hit the space bar again and you toggle to/from the marquee tool.

nifty :smiley:

Sparky

I use this one a lot, .jpg, .png, or .tif. Very flexible

http://projects.digitalwaters.net/index.php?q=instantshot

my 2ยข
"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"

Sparky

Quote from: EyeTech on February 28, 2008, 11:00:23 AMDon't you use Shift-Cmd-4 (Apple)? That gives you a cursor that enables you to target an area as opposed to the whole screen.

Not in Leopard, Apple tossed the feature.

Damn spoke to soon, http://danstechnstuff.com/2007/12/30/easily-take-screenshots-in-mac-os-105-leopard/

But why doesn't it work on my iMac????  I haven't ever been able to take a shot of anything in OS 10.5 :angry: :angry: damn OS bugs

could have sworn I read that Apple dropped the feature...

Joe

Sparky, I'm up to 10.5.2 and Shift+Command+4 gives me the cursor to select an area of the screen to capture or hit the spacebar and it will give you a camera cursor and you can click a window to capture. This not working for you?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Sparky

Quote from: Joe  link=topic=1226.msg17176#msg17176 date=1205601465Sparky, I'm up to 10.5.2 and Shift+Command+4 gives me the cursor to select an area of the screen to capture or hit the spacebar and it will give you a camera cursor and you can click a window to capture. This not working for you?

I'm also at 10.5.2 and nope, tried many different ways, no matter how I try or what I have or don't have open Shift+Cmnd+4 doesn't do a damn thing. Shift+Cmnd+3 doesn't either, I've tried to look through prefs and or any "hlep" for info but to no avail :huh:

guess I broke it :rolleyes: