Sequential Numbering

Started by Santa, October 23, 2015, 08:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa

Might have already been posted...but great site for generating a list of sequential numbers for use in data merge...i.e ticket numbering.  Saved me a whole lot of time.

http://textmechanic.com/Generate-List-of-Numbers.html

Joe

That is handy. Pinned so it doesn't get lost.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

Wow, faster than opening Excel & doing it locally! Thx man - Bookmarked.  :banana:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DCurry

Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

StudioMonkey

We got a job in last month for Table Number Cards for a restaurant - 45 each of 1-70.  I just set up the BG on the master page in InDesign with a text box set to Page Number, then added 70 pages.  Job done.  PDF to step em up and on to the next job.  

We have a utility to add sequential numbers to a many-up sheet of eg concert tickets which works with PDFs but I have done concert tickets with the page number dodge in the past.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

swampymarsh

Can also be done in Illustrator using a script that will add a sequential numbers on a step and repeat.

A different Illustrator script can do this via variable data merge and batch saving of 1 up files (which would then require imposing)

So many options, so little time to get the work out the door!

wonderings

If I am doing it with a data merge I just add the numbers to the excel file and merge it with everything else.

For ticket numbering I use a free app called easynumbering, very easy to use and works well for properly numbering and stacking a job.

DigiCorn

FusionPro does it just fine, but no longer my concern
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway