Kodak Trillian packaging letter

Started by t-pat, June 13, 2012, 09:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t-pat

Trillian users experiencing packaging issues, please email them with your concerns. I and my coworker are going to tell them that their tape sucks and the slip sheets don't eject reliably. Just had another slip sheet make it into the Magnus, I suspect it is from gummy residue from the tape they use.

Attached is a copy of the letter that was included in our last skid of plates, explaining why they're using tape and asking for feedback on their packaging.

vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

DigitalCrapShoveler

We got the Sword plates that come in on skids for loading into our Magnus Autoloader. Bastards come in crooked, skewed and sometimes dented from shipping. As picky as that machine is, it's a real bitch.
Member #285 - Civilian

Duffy

Seems like Kodak is getting to the bottom of the cost saving barrel if they are switching tape vendors --- or else the other supplier cut them off for non payment of bills.
Eyeballing shit is for titty-bars, NOT laying out files. DCS 7/12

t-pat

Quote from: Duffy on June 13, 2012, 10:04:53 AMSeems like Kodak is getting to the bottom of the cost saving barrel if they are switching tape vendors --- or else the other supplier cut them off for non payment of bills.

I don't think it is a conscious decision - some of the plates are made in China and they use tape that has been sitting since the Korean war, made of boiled down rats.

They need to use a 3M tape ffs.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait