Recent

Author Topic: Not an IT guy  (Read 727 times)

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
Re: Not an IT guy
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2021, 04:45:18 PM »
Another one....
Don't install the first version of a new system upgrade or app.

(Wait until they get the bugs out in the .2 version.)

Well that is no fun. I'm having a blast right now with the newly installed Windows Server 2019, Prinergy 9, Preps 9, and Insite 9.2.

:facepalm:
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline born2print

• Supreme Ninja
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2021, 04:58:09 PM »
Well that is no fun. I'm having a blast right now with the newly installed Windows Server 2019, Prinergy 9, Preps 9, and Insite 9.2.
 :facepalm:
Uh oh... I hear that is on our radar soon-ish and I am a little queezy seeing :ohno:
The blues is from a time when men were not supposed to cry. So they let the guitars cry for them.

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2021, 05:11:23 PM »
They promised a major speed boost with Prinergy. Not seeing it myself. Getting a message in Workshop that the update mechanism has failed you have to either restart workshop or manually refresh it to see new jobs or files come in.

VPS+ is a major disaster. Luckily we are still on Mojave and VPS+ won't run on it so we're still using the legacy version of VPS. I did install workshop on a Catalina Mac which can't run the legacy version. If you try to open all of your VPS fronts and back at the same time it loads all 8 separations, 4 from front and 4 from back, into the same viewing window so you are seeing a mess. You have to turn off the back CMYK to view the front. Then turn off the frontCMYK and turn the back CMYK on again to view the back. Or just open the front and then open the back. The regular VPS is almost identical in features to the legacy VBS. When you turn on the packaging mode though you have a LOT of extra features. We don't do packaging here so of no use to me.

Preps works. Looks as the same Preps 8 to me.

We've had some issues with Insite. Just had to restart the Insite server because Smart Review just died. More failed uploads than we had previously too. Seems like if customers have a slow connection Insite likes kill their uploads.

Windows Server 2019 looks exactly like Windows 10. I would swear it was just Windows 10 if I didn't know it was a server product. Fails when you try to do security updates. Kodak had to manually apply what was there last week.

And now throw my NAS woes into the mix and it is more fun than a barrel of monkeys around here. David is not the only one around here that is "Not an IT guy".
Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave | Prinergy 8.2 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline born2print

• Supreme Ninja
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2021, 05:39:19 PM »
:puke:
So another painful downgrade with no real upside. Great. FW to the boss FWIW - thanks for the intel Joe  8)
The blues is from a time when men were not supposed to cry. So they let the guitars cry for them.

Offline DigiCorn

• Terrorizing humans since 1971
  • Supreme Ninja
  • There is no Dana, only Zul!
    • Clerks.
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2021, 04:19:52 AM »
host gator says it's network solutions, cause we use their named servers,
network solutions says it's google cause we have their MX records,
google says it's host gator...

thank you sir, can I have another?

:shoots_self: :drunk3: :hangme:
Sounds like the IT version of Human Centipede
"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway