News:

Main Menu

Still alive!

Started by EyeTech, May 03, 2018, 10:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EyeTech

I knew I could depend on you guys, I'm touched ('easily and frequently'... according to my wife) by the fact that I'm remembered.

Anyway **sniff sniff**, harrumph **man up!**.....Screen or and AGFA (aka Screen) seems to be the way to go. Anyone heard of a Founder Eagle RIP?

Just for your info...I was due to retire in Nov and was looking forward to it...however, in the course of human events and to my everlasting gratitude I was invited to continue as ops manager, print estimator, delivery man, tea boy and **roll of drums** prepress tech support ... Yay!

So all that balls in the air stuff is (or should be) what we Brits call 'a piece of piss', to an old, gnarled, 40yrs- in- the- trade git like me.
'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

andyfest

Quote from: EyeTech on May 04, 2018, 01:39:51 AMI knew I could depend on you guys, I'm touched ('easily and frequently'... according to my wife) by the fact that I'm remembered.

Anyway **sniff sniff**, harrumph **man up!**.....Screen or and AGFA (aka Screen) seems to be the way to go. Anyone heard of a Founder Eagle RIP?

Just for your info...I was due to retire in Nov and was looking forward to it...however, in the course of human events and to my everlasting gratitude I was invited to continue as ops manager, print estimator, delivery man, tea boy and **roll of drums** prepress tech support ... Yay!

So all that balls in the air stuff is (or should be) what we Brits call 'a piece of piss', to an old, gnarled, 40yrs- in- the- trade git like me.
If you are looking at Fuji's XMF workflow, they make a Fuji-badged Screen platesetter as well - Fuji T9300 or T9500 is the latest 8 up version.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: born2print on May 03, 2018, 03:21:15 PMte he!
you like the helmet, eh?
 :evil:

Damn dude, now I have coffee stains on my monitor...    :rotf:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: DigiCorn on May 03, 2018, 01:37:08 PMWe need a DCS/Gnubler/Sabby/Youston reunion

I mean the earth did just open up in Hawaii...   Hell might be spawning new children?  :dev2:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

DigiCorn

I totally forgot Skryber! No offense!
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

ninjaPB_43

scottrsimons

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on May 07, 2018, 07:13:15 AM
Quote from: DigiCorn on May 03, 2018, 01:37:08 PMWe need a DCS/Gnubler/Sabby/Youston reunion

I mean the earth did just open up in Hawaii...   Hell might be spawning new children?  :dev2:

:whip:  Does that mean someone might finally be taking my place? Have I not paid enough for my sins?
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

motormount

The only thing that worked properly on the printshop i used to work was a supra 2008 ( or '05 ) model on prinect '11 workflow  ( that's when they bought it and never upgraded ever since )

We service it a couple of times after doing some ''tests'' the management thought of ( exposing plates on very low speeds so they could be processed on our analogue ( film ) processor  :facepalm:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
Supra was filled with blue ''debris'' after a couple of months and after the obligatory service ( cleaning ) never stopped - and never got serviced again - if it ain't broke we don't mess with it -

Before prinect i worked a little bit with nexus and preps 5.3 so i can't really compare it with anything else, but i think it's a very productive and user friendly workflow with lots of capabilities!

borreskater12

hi i can help you, i have the xmf 4 with licenses, medicine for 4up and 8up.