1D barcodes for Web URL's

Started by David, April 21, 2011, 10:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

All of this reminds me of Ralphie frantically decoding the secret message only to discover it was an ad for Ovaltine.

Or like on Hulu where they ask "which advertising experience you'd like to have". I just leave the room until it's over.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on April 22, 2011, 10:28:48 AMEveryone that has used those URL codes by scanning them with your phone to take you to that web site raise your hand.
/raises both hands
But like I said, I've been following it for a while, so I tend to look for them. It is a growing trend, and and least it's something that relies on being printed - mostly. So that's a Win for us. I've seen several jobs come through the shop here in recent months with QRs on them. Some were cool, some were pretty useless.

One good use, at least for retail: I heard an ad for Old Navy the other day & they're having an Easter Code Hunt in stores. Find a QR, scan it & get instant cash towards your purchase. It will be interesting to see how well it goes, since it's likely 90% or more of the shoppers won't have a QR App unless they're the younger shoppers. They're definitely gaining acceptance & use, not sure how long they'll be relevant for but it's kind of interesting to watch the development.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

youston

I agree with Slappy, partly because it's a good idea to embrace anything that must be printed to be useful, but mostly because he's got the coolest avatar out of all of us.

DigitalCrapShoveler

I don't agree with Slappy, because you do. And F-Bomb has the coolest avatar.
Member #285 - Civilian

youston

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 22, 2011, 03:53:09 PMI don't agree with Slappy, because you do. And F-Bomb has the coolest avatar.

Who? Oh, you mean the chick who married the sheep? I'd agree, if I hadn't SEEN IT IN 50 OTHER FORUMS.

Sheesh.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Traitor. I only actively participate on the B4. Not enough love to share with those other places. Hahahaha, the sheep chick...
Member #285 - Civilian

youston

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 22, 2011, 04:05:21 PMTraitor. I only actively participate on the B4. Not enough love to share with those other places. Hahahaha, the sheep chick...

I never said they were other printing forums (although one of them was PPF). And you're quite the liar.
I know of at least ONE other forum where you've 'participated.'

:ninja:

gnubler

Do we need to have an avatar contest?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Farabomb

I may have long hair but I'm not a chick. It didn't work out with the sheep and we got divorced. The relationship was fine but the sex was baaaaad.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

mines2000

Use a "CODE 128" Bar. You can use Alpha/Numeric as well as punctuation marks.

David

thanks Mines2000, I found that out the other day. Learn something new everyday!
You still need to be able to redirect it to a web site, because just reading it (even with a smartphone) will only tell you what was typed in for the code.

oh, and welcome to the Forum!

cheers!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca