Working with Font Explorer

Started by jezza, September 09, 2007, 01:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youston

Quote from: Tracy on August 01, 2012, 02:00:35 PMBut I'm so grateful :kiss:

It's good to be Grateful on this, the 70th anniversary of Jerry's birth.  :band:

youston

Quote from: david on August 01, 2012, 02:29:48 PMI've been doing the "document fonts" thing for a while as well. Don't have to do anything, just double click to open the ID file and forget the fonts!

^^This!^^

I almost don't ever have to use any kind of font management anymore.

David

yepper, just too easy...

sometimes
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

frailer

AARRgghh! Had to open a Quack doc. FEX no launchie... May have to reinstall.
Can I put the fonts in User/Fonts? Will Quack see 'em? Or Sys Fonts? Shouldn't be a conflict.   ---->  Minion. Trash when done...   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on August 02, 2012, 05:55:20 PMAARRgghh! Had to open a Quack doc. FEX no launchie... May have to reinstall.
Can I put the fonts in User/Fonts? Will Quack see 'em? Or Sys Fonts? Shouldn't be a conflict.   ---->  Minion. Trash when done...   :undecided:

You can put them there but no guarantee the big Q will see them. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Haha.... FEX finally launched, without doing a 'not responding'   :huh:

Now I can't remember how to bring up the check images/fonts update panel... Q7    :old:

.......... actually able to open an old Q file in Q7.3, Save as a PDF (which of course creates a.ps unless you have a Watched Folder  :undecided: ). No matter, ---> Distilled, placed in Indy, reExported (just in case). ready for XMF. Just a large poster, but still...  :faint:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

DigiCorn

Quote from: frailer on August 02, 2012, 05:55:20 PMAARRgghh! Had to open a Quack doc.
You have my most sincere condolences.  :needhug:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

Quote from: frailer on August 02, 2012, 06:45:49 PMHaha.... FEX finally launched, without doing a 'not responding'   :huh:

Now I can't remember how to bring up the check images/fonts update panel... Q7    :old:

.......... actually able to open an old Q file in Q7.3, Save as a PDF (which of course creates a.ps unless you have a Watched Folder  :undecided: ). No matter, ---> Distilled, placed in Indy, reExported (just in case). ready for XMF. Just a large poster, but still...  :faint:
utilities/usage

David

quick key F13 for font usage
F12 for picture usage

If my memory serves me correctly
Livin' la Vida Loca

David

I could be wrong tho, I haven't touched a Q  file for some time now
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

David

you must be havin' a happy friday Tracy!

I am, of course, Qless for sure!

LOL
Livin' la Vida Loca

frailer

Ah, Ya, Utilities/Usage. Not sure I tripped over it in Q7. Shall have a look Monday, just to satisfy the curiosity. Curiosity+Quack=Sad.
However, I activated Minion in FEX, and got the little © tag to show up nicely; so to .ps ASAP; no tempting fate. It was surreal, being in there.

David

glad you made it out alive...

it's like the Forbidden Planet...
Livin' la Vida Loca

frailer