News:

Main Menu

iCPlate II

Started by MCpwr, February 17, 2013, 01:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCpwr

I have a Gretagmacbeth iCPlate II that is in excellent condition. It was only used once every 3 months up until last year. It comes with the case and all items that were included when it was purchased. The part number is: 35.53.00 and the firmware is: 05.01h

I am asking $500, that may not include shipping depending on location.

Thanks

Having more fun then you can shake a stick at since 1987!

DigiCorn

geez. how old is it? we got ours for $80 on eBay!
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

Quote from: DigiCorn on February 18, 2013, 05:01:25 PMgeez. how old is it? we got ours for $80 on eBay!

costs more than that to have it calibrated and re-certified.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

MCpwr

Quote from: DigiCorn on February 18, 2013, 05:01:25 PMgeez. how old is it? we got ours for $80 on eBay!

$80! Damn, the last time I looked on e-bay I was looking at units no lower than $300 and that one was really beat-up. It's over 6 years old.

MCpwr

Quote from: t-pat on February 18, 2013, 05:03:33 PM

costs more than that to have it calibrated and re-certified.

Yeah, your right there. Last year I checked it against a newer Xrite unit and it was spot on. Didn't think about that though. . . may have to lower my price.

t-pat

Price on ebay varies widely on stuff like this, mostly you'll get your price if you can make the buyer feel like they're getting something that someone used and was familiar with, a known entity, vs. some shit some baboon bought to flip, with no knowledge of it's history or functionality.

I flipped a spectro this way, I knew what it was, tested it, and sold it for about 4x what I paid for it. I bought it at an auction from said baboon.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

MCpwr

Quote from: t-pat on February 19, 2013, 09:12:50 AMPrice on ebay varies widely on stuff like this, mostly you'll get your price if you can make the buyer feel like they're getting something that someone used and was familiar with, a known entity, vs. some shit some baboon bought to flip, with no knowledge of it's history or functionality.

I flipped a spectro this way, I knew what it was, tested it, and sold it for about 4x what I paid for it. I bought it at an auction from said baboon.

Good idea there, I think I will go that route. That is true, most of the consumables & equipment I have bought on ebay has been from sellers that know the business. Usually steer clear of the baboons. :smiley: