News:

Main Menu

PackZ & XMF

Started by andyfest, March 11, 2017, 10:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyfest

Is anyone out in B4 land using PackZ & XMF in a folding carton environment? Looking for some real-world feedback on ease of use etc. We are looking at possibly upgrading from Esko's Nexus to either Esko AE or Fuji's PackZ/XMF set-up.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Diddler

Sorry Andyfest, I use XMF but know nothing about PackZ. I'm not going to be of any help.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

AaronH

Hey Andy, I used PackZ in my previous shop for flexo work. In our training session we inquired about boxes and basically the program will impose a nested layout which you export as a PDF. Then just drop the nested PDF into XMF and you're good to go. It seemed simple enough. That shop had Esko Nexus 10 at the time and was considering going to Automation Engine or XMF. I have since left them so I'm not sure what they're running now, though most likely they're still using Preps 7 and Nexus 10.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

andyfest

Thx for the info guys. I'm assuming then that PackZ must use a conventional imposition system using cf2 files generated by CAD. Just in the process of getting quotes put together on Esko AE & PackZ/XMF. Whatever gets the job done in the most intuitive manner is what I'll lean toward.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro