Time to Upgrade to CS3??

Started by prepressDog, September 11, 2007, 07:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prepressDog

My boss is asking:
"Sean needs to let me know if we really need this. What has been added or upgraded from previous versions?"

What should I let him know...any input would be great.
I've not had the time to check "why" other than a lot of our cust. are upgrading and we dont want to bother them with save downs and interchange files.

Thanks!!

30YearsandCounting

That's really the best reason that I can think of.  We don't "create" a lot of files, but we do need to print the stuff from the customer.  (We have also seen reflow problems when the customers saves it down)

Vee

Yep. 30Years nailed it.
That's plenty enough justification to make the purchase.
And IMHO - everyone who takes digital files to print/reproduce should be on the Adobe ASN/Print Service Provider Program.
It's not the job that's so bad.. it's your attitude.

GO RED SOX!!

David

Quote from: Vee on September 11, 2007, 02:18:51 PMYep. 30Years nailed it.
That's plenty enough justification to make the purchase.
And IMHO - everyone who takes digital files to print/reproduce should be on the Adobe ASN/Print Service Provider Program.

what he said...

;D
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

kermit

I always get one or two copies of the latest software the day it's released because I don't want my boss or sales guy asks me - how come our clients have it and we don't?

I don't always install it right away but I always buy it right away.

Main reason I like CS3 - it's native to Intel Macs, that means is much faster than CS2 on Intel Macs.
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

30YearsandCounting

We use Quark and Adobe products all day, every day.  Keeping your software current is just the cost of doing business.  We charge a customer pretty good money for what we do, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to even question upgrading an Adobe product that was released how many months ago?

prepressDog