...and so it begins...

Started by DigiCorn, April 26, 2013, 08:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

I don't have 9, but it doesn't seem logical for the result pdf to be different overnight...
Something else must be going on...  Acrobat? (but what?)
Or you changed something and forgot? Color library?
 :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

DigiCorn

nope.

it was the last thing i did last night before i shut down and went home. it's the only thing i've worked on today.

the q is illogical.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

bummer.
Maybe retro-save to v8 is worth thinking about... unless there's some new functionality in 9 that would burn you
?

DigiCorn

i only have 6.5, and i'm running tests from there now
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

Awesome! I'm sure that will fix everything  :sarcasm:
(good luck dude)

DigiCorn

yeah... every time i write a pdf from 6.5 now, it crashes. lovely. :banghead:
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

DigiCorn

ok... the fucking thing writes the right color from 6.5, but only when I export an .eps from Font Wizard XT .
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

David

this just in...

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Slappy

So, they're finally catching up to what - CS2?  :banana:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

David

I like this new feature... it's called bullets...

wonder where they got that from....hmmmm
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Quote from: DigiCorn on May 01, 2013, 03:32:57 PMok... the fucking thing writes the right color from 6.5, but only when I export an .eps from Font Wizard XT .
I also forgot to mention that I have to distill the .eps files to .pdf, and RIP the pdf and let Rampage convert the color. It's the only way that works to get the right color. I reRIPped the FW XT .eps from last time, and they are the correct color, but the FW .eps from 6.5 this time rip with the wrong color, despite being generated from the same file on the same machine. Converting the file with PSP in .pdf to CMYK doesn't work either - it has to convert in Rampage to match. Makes no fucking sense.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

Did you try to print to .ps then distill? It's so lame it just may work.

DigiCorn

No. Once I found a way that accomplished what was needed, I was done.

But oh joy! I got another q 9 job in my queue.

It's like word got out that we stupidly bought the q 9 and now all the retards put on their robe and slippers and left the asylum, disk in hand. Yes, the most recent job came in on CDR... not DVD - CD. There may even be drool on it.

I think the q started a list. If you bought it, they will find you. It knows what scares you.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Skryber

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 26, 2013, 03:44:45 PM
Quote from: Joe on April 26, 2013, 02:31:31 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on April 26, 2013, 02:20:52 PMAnyone else besides me using the FontWizard XT XTension?

No. You are the only one. :tongue:
It makes .eps and .pdf from the q that actually "work"

[edit] if anyone interested, it's available here: http://www.jolauterbach.com/products/fontwizard.htm

It's $69 for new users (uh, huh huh... sixty nine), $49 for an upgrade from an older version. Just had to upgrade today.

I've been busy and didn't see this until now. We used this at the last shop but never ever ever was I able to output anything from Quack with working transparency. I ALWAYS had to fuck with it in Rampage. Did they fix that yet?
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff