Problem printing black screens on Xerox 250 with Spire RIP

Started by pworden, April 18, 2012, 12:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Quote from: david on April 20, 2012, 10:11:31 AMhave you tried using Absolut?
or Stoli? Have a few drinks and it will look just fine (or everything else will look fuzzy and match).
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

pworden

Commercial Sheetfed Offset  + Digital; XMF, Trendsetter, XMF Remote, Xerox digital, XMPie, Heidelberg SM74, Epson 9600, HP5500 Spinjet, IQ-Smart, X-Rite CMM.

pworden

Finally fixed! The problem was a bad laser. About a month ago, a tech pronounced the 250 in good working order despite the problem, based on readings/reports from the printer itself. But the tech working on it recently agreed that the problem was obviously with the black only, and targeted the laser. New laser = fine prints. Whew! That went on since February!
Commercial Sheetfed Offset  + Digital; XMF, Trendsetter, XMF Remote, Xerox digital, XMPie, Heidelberg SM74, Epson 9600, HP5500 Spinjet, IQ-Smart, X-Rite CMM.

gnubler

The problem is with Xerox in general.  :laugh:

Our 250 ended up in Mexico.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

My old shop sold a press (a Heidelberg SM52), and it went to Mexico. Then, they decided they wanted it back, so they bought back the same press... but when it arrived it had been retrofitted with Spanish language membranes over all the formerly English keys. And they never re-retrofitted it back to English!
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on May 01, 2012, 03:10:09 PMMy old shop sold a press (a Heidelberg SM52), and it went to Mexico. Then, they decided they wanted it back, so they bought back the same press... but when it arrived it had been retrofitted with Spanish language membranes over all the formerly English keys. And they never re-retrofitted it back to English!

I worked on a Hell Chromacom Combiskope for years and all of the keys were German. You get used to it after awhile.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.