almaink

OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

gnubler

Interesting, but it's not previewing all my active fonts (I'm on XP).

How does this work, especially with fonts activated with Suitcase?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

almaink

Works fine on my G5 running 10.4.11. It requires the flash plugin. I just tried it on my Winders box running Windows 2003 server using FireFox browser and all my installed fonts work.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

jezza

Black Mac Book, 10.4.11. This is not Helvetica by any stretch of the imagination. There's nothing wrong the font, I wonder why it previews this way...

one sick prepress mofo

almaink

Wow just noticed that myself. Could be it was built with an older version of Flash.
I just sent the person who put it online an email asking him to come on over and explain.

OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

jezza

It will be interesting to see if there's a fix. It's not just the font I highlighted that it's happening. I changed the default font for Firefox and it's still happening. I hope there is a fix, this could be a useful tool
one sick prepress mofo

Joe

I'm just wondering what is wrong with the font viewer in FEX or am I missing something?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jezza

What if you don't have FEX? When I'm working freelance I could be using anything and this would come in handy
one sick prepress mofo

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

almaink

Odd that doesn't work anymore, it used to. Guess we will have to wait and see if the developer replies to my email.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

almaink

Why wait? Try this one it's seems better anyway.
http://typetester.maratz.com/
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

gnubler

Jez, that's what I experienced. Some fonts displayed correctly, some just displayed as some sans-serif default.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david