APPLE KEYBOARD

Started by Skryber, February 17, 2010, 02:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skryber

I spilled water on my keyboard yesterday. I've never spilled anything on a computer in my life. An Apple one too. Now, P,O,L,K,M, and a few numbers don't work. Anyone know of anywhere that sells used Apple keyboards with little shipping? OR, want to sell me one? I've been looking online but the shipping costs blow. Might as well buy a new one.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

DigitalCrapShoveler

If it's just water, let it dry completely and it should be fine. If it were sunny outside, I would recommend that. A good air dry would help. DO you have a hair blower you could use? I spill coffee on my keyboard about once a month. I'm on my 5th or 6th one since being here. Hahahahah.
Member #285 - Civilian

DigitalCrapShoveler

BTW, if you end up taking it apart, get ready to spend the next 2 - 3 hours putting it back together. There are about 5 million microscopic screws that hold it together. I did it one time, yes it fixed the bad keys, but others stopped working instead. Buy a new one, it's worth your time.
Member #285 - Civilian

tapdn

Ebay?
Have you tried popping the keys themselvess off, letting the keyboard dry completely, cleaning under the keys?
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Skryber

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on February 17, 2010, 03:02:57 PMIf it's just water, let it dry completely and it should be fine. If it were sunny outside, I would recommend that. A good air dry would help. DO you have a hair blower you could use? I spill coffee on my keyboard about once a month. I'm on my 5th or 6th one since being here. Hahahahah.

I popped some keys off and dried it with cheesecloth and let it sit overnight. But it didn't work this morning.  :cry:

Edit: Tried Ebay. Shipping cost issues.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

youston

Quote from: Skryber on February 17, 2010, 03:06:26 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on February 17, 2010, 03:02:57 PMIf it's just water, let it dry completely and it should be fine. If it were sunny outside, I would recommend that. A good air dry would help. DO you have a hair blower you could use? I spill coffee on my keyboard about once a month. I'm on my 5th or 6th one since being here. Hahahahah.

I popped some keys off and dried it with cheesecloth and let it sit overnight. But it didn't work this morning.  :cry:

Yeah, if you got it wet while it was powered, or tried to use it before it was dry, there are probably some shorts in there. Sorry to say, you're in for a new keyboard.

Skryber

Quote from: youston on February 17, 2010, 03:14:24 PM
Quote from: Skryber on February 17, 2010, 03:06:26 PM

Yeah, if you got it wet while it was powered, or tried to use it before it was dry, there are probably some shorts in there. Sorry to say, you're in for a new keyboard.

I know, I'm pretty pissed at myself.

born2print

it happens.

I've never killed a keyboard yet... :angel:
...but I'm on my third phone  :evil:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

tapdn

Washing machine, Born?
My wife left hers in Ireland, had her friend go to the trouble of shipping it back to her and the very next day washed her jeans with it in the pocket!  :laugh:
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
~Farabomb

Ear

I crashed and burned skiing while filming with a hand-held video camera.  :laugh: :embarrassed: DOH! It FUBARd the camera.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Skryber

Quote from: Earendil on February 17, 2010, 03:28:25 PMI crashed and burned skiing while filming with a hand-held video camera.  :laugh: :embarrassed: DOH! It FUBARd the camera.

That's exactly how I spilled on my keyboard.  :laugh:

tapdn

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on February 17, 2010, 03:02:57 PMIf it's just water, let it dry completely and it should be fine. If it were sunny outside, I would recommend that. A good air dry would help. DO you have a hair blower you could use? I spit coffee on my keyboard about once a month from laughing at TAPDN's jokes. I'm on my 5th or 6th one since being here. Hahahahah.

fixed  :rolleyes:
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

DigitalCrapShoveler

Hmmmm, I don't remember that, but I'm down. Tell me something funny Tap. The spotlights on, and we're all listening. Go ahead.
Member #285 - Civilian

born2print

Quote from: tapdn on February 17, 2010, 03:24:04 PMWashing machine, Born?
My wife left hers in Ireland, had her friend go to the trouble of shipping it back to her and the very next day washed her jeans with it in the pocket!  :laugh:
:laugh:
Sorry, no, work phones. Hung up the receiver a little too forcefully a couple of times  :embarrassed:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

tapdn

:laugh: salesslime, boss or CSR then!
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb