News:

Main Menu

.PSF ????

Started by ratintrap, July 23, 2008, 07:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratintrap

I just tried it and sure enough it worked fine, boy what a crappy picture though.

-Rat

Ventura_Tom

I changed the extension to .jpg and this is what it looked like when I opened it. Did I do something wrong?

Do you want us to rush the rush job we're rushing now, or rush the rush job you want us to rush, before we rush the rush job we're rushing now, or rush the rush job we were rushing before?

Joe

Quote from: ratintrap on July 23, 2008, 10:31:22 AM
Quote from: Joe on July 23, 2008, 10:20:13 AMAttach it here and I can open in CS3 and resave as jpeg or tiff or whatever you want.

Thanks Joe, that is very generous of you. We prefer TIFFs so a TIF would be great.

-Rat

I emailed you the tiff but looks like you don't need it now anyway. Was to big to attach here.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Some interweb DL prolly. People don't understand just HOW IMPORTANT having the correct extention is. It sometimes is our only clue as to what the file is.

Rat, next time you run into one of these, open it in Wordt, or TextEdit. The tag at the top of all that garbly-goop will indicate, (usually) what type of file it is, and what app created it.
Member #285 - Civilian

ratintrap

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 23, 2008, 10:53:49 AMYeah, I thought the same thing. Some interweb DL prolly. People don't understand just HOW IMPORTANT having the correct extention is. It sometimes is our only clue as to what the file is.

Rat, next time you run into one of these, open it in Wordt, or TextEdit. The tag at the top of all that garbly-goop will indicate, (usually) what type of file it is, and what app created it.

Ooh, nice trick. I thought you were going to launch into one of those open it in Word then save it as an Adode, open it in Publisher, export to Power Point and then print as PDF kinds of things.

-Rat

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: ratintrap on July 23, 2008, 10:58:19 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 23, 2008, 10:53:49 AMYeah, I thought the same thing. Some interweb DL prolly. People don't understand just HOW IMPORTANT having the correct extention is. It sometimes is our only clue as to what the file is.

Ooh, nice trick. I thought you were going to launch into one of those open it in Word then save it as an Adode, open it in Publisher, export to Power Point and then print as PDF kinds of things.

-Rat

That's a Blood-Sausage technique right there Bro! Except you forgot to include CorelDraw in the workflow.
Member #285 - Civilian

ratintrap

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 23, 2008, 11:00:16 AMThat's a Blood-Sausage technique right there Bro! Except you forgot to include CorelDraw in the workflow.

Yeah, I was just kidding. When you said open it in Word, or TextEdit it reminded me of this:

Quote from: david on July 16, 2008, 06:34:37 AMI would think, the workflow would be...
open Adobe in Word
save as jpeg
open jpeg in Adobe
save as Word

good to go

That david is a funny guy.

-Rat

David

hey, don't be making fun of my highfalutin work flow!

man, kids these day, no respect!

:laugh:

get 'er dun!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca