Pixelmator is available

Started by kermit, September 26, 2007, 06:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kermit

Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

jezza

Here's a pretty decent review of it form MacApper

http://macapper.com/2007/09/26/pixelmator-review/

I sniggered when a 2mb image as described as large, and no mention of CMYK support, but I haven't read through Pixelmators documentation or tried it out properly. Someone want to beat me to it?
one sick prepress mofo

kermit

Quote from: jezza on September 26, 2007, 07:29:11 AMHere's a pretty decent review of it form MacApper

http://macapper.com/2007/09/26/pixelmator-review/

I sniggered when a 2mb image as described as large, and no mention of CMYK support, but I haven't read through Pixelmators documentation or tried it out properly. Someone want to beat me to it?
There is no CMYK support at the moment but I see it as a great tool for all the people that are using digital cameras. All the image editing in rgb is better also as rgb color space is much bigger than cmyk. Conversion to cmyk should take at the end even at the ripping stage.
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

Slappy

Quote from: jezza on September 26, 2007, 07:29:11 AMI haven't read through Pixelmators documentation or tried it out properly. Someone want to beat me to it?
I'm gonna DL & try it at home, for the MacBook. I need something like this just to mess around with pics, and Photoshop is too bloated/expensive to bother for personal use. I shall report back!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

kermit

Quote from: Slappy on September 26, 2007, 03:17:58 PMI'm gonna DL & try it at home, for the MacBook.
It's wicked fast...