CWS paper profiles

Started by DigiCorn, October 03, 2019, 11:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Thanks for the help. BTW, I'm leaving for the day in 10 minutes. See you Thursday!
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

hmmmm...somewhere on your network there has to be something using the IP address 100.100.100.254. You can't just make up a random IP address to use as a default gateway. Or maybe some Xerox witchcraft networking.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on December 24, 2019, 01:50:15 PM
hmmmm...somewhere on your network there has to be something using the IP address 100.100.100.254. You can't just make up a random IP address to use as a default gateway. Or maybe some Xerox witchcraft networking.
what do you recommend goes there, then? 100.100.100.254 is definitely the Xerox setting on the ColorPress GUI for the default gateway. I know adapter 2 has to be 10.0.0.2 for the address, but I don't know the default gateway, but I don't think it's 192.168.1.1 and 10.0.0.1 didn't work
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on December 24, 2019, 01:54:21 PM
Quote from: Joe on December 24, 2019, 01:50:15 PM
what do you recommend goes there, then? 100.100.100.254 is definitely the Xerox setting on the ColorPress GUI for the default gateway. I know adapter 2 has to be 10.0.0.2 for the address, but I don't know the default gateway, but I don't think it's 192.168.1.1 and 10.0.0.1 didn't work

OK the screen shot you posted earlier was the two adapters from your Fiery right? Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection IP is 192.168.1.201 and Default Gateway is 192.168.1.1. The ethernet cable from that adapter goes into your local network and provides local networking and internet and that works fine

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2 IP is 10.0.0.2. This network adapter has an ethernet cable going to the ColorPress 1000 adapter right? I'm not sure you need an address entered for default gateway. You might want to google it before trying this but you may need to go the window where it shows the two LAN connections (Local Area Connection and Local Area Connection 2). Click one and then shift+click the other so they are both selected and then right click and select the option to "Bridge Connections".

I've never done this so proceed at your own risk though I assume if it doesn't work you can just unbridgeable the connections to get back to where you were.
The ColorPress 1000 adapter has an address of 10.0.0.3 with a Default Gateway of 100.100.100.254.

DigiCorn

Looks like it might be slow enough today I could try this.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

DigiCorn

So I tried to run this by the Xerox tech I was working with, and he was gone on Friday. Just heard back from him, and he'll be here in an hour. Sweet!
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

The %^&*%^&$%^& address should have been 100.100.100.2 not 10.0.0.2

FML.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Ok. Despite my blunder (which explains why it was working and then stopped (because I was using 100.100.100.2 and then I inexplicably changed to 10.0.0.2)) it still reverts back to the 169 address, even when equipped with the 100.100.100.2 address, which is back to being a temporary fix for as long as it holds. But the guy is still here working on it, and we hope to have a solution today.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

In either case it usually assigns that bogus 169 address when the DHCP server doesn't see it on the network and can't assign the correct address so it appears to me that neither address is the correct one or something else is also wrong in the numbers somewhere.

DigiCorn

Well, the 100.100.100.2 is definitely right - as soon as we rebooted the Fiery, the paper profiles immediately populated. He's working on the other issue. I'll let you know when/if he finds a solution.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

I think the IP address needs to be in the same range as that 100.100.100.2 gateway address. For example something like 100.100.100.1