PDF with 350+ Ink Coverage

Started by Falstaff, July 21, 2009, 09:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falstaff

I have a 104 page PDF made from Photoshop that is over 2 GB. The PDF has type and images.

Many images are over 350% TIC. There is 400% black type also.

I need to get the ink coverage down to 320% or so.

Any ideas?

(Using Rampage 10.6.)

edita

The type is easy if you got PitStop. Just mark the 400% color and replace with 100k using global change or an action script. The images I don't know you could untag and retag an ICC profile on the images, though the images will not look like the original since pitstop changes the color values in the black channel as well.

//Anders

Tracy

In acrobat 9 you can create a conversion profile. check out convert colors and how you can select all images and select a profile you created in photoshop with the right ink density.

mattbeals

What you need to do is to use a device link profile to convert. Send me the file and which profile(s) are/is being used.

If you simply take the color now and convert it using PitStop or Acrobat you will performing an ICC conversion which will do nothing to preserve the black plate. And that will lead to impure grays and blacks.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.