Ganging in 5.3.3

Started by Stiv, March 23, 2012, 06:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiv

Have 5.3.3 Preps Plus.
Assuming that we can upgrade to Pro in 5.3.x, is the auto-ganging function any good? Preps 6 learning curve scares me as my new co-workers don't have any impo experience. Metrix is also being looked at.

After jobs have come in we are going to analyze sizes/quantities and place multiple jobs on the same imposed flat. There won't be a lot of time to mess around with templates as this analysis will be around 3:00 p.m. and will need to hit the presses shortly after. Currently our overlords are imposing these in InDesign.

There has to be a better way. Help!

Farabomb

I'm interested as well. I have a demo version of preps ganging and it does look strangely like Preps 6 so I haven't really played with it. Think I just found what I'm going to do today.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

I don't use it in the real world but we learned a little about it at Prinergy school. It works great. Even better in Preps 6 as the ganging is built right into Preps 6.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

t-pat

We covered ganging in our Preps 6 webinar. I forgot how to do it but it was really easy and automated with tons of control. Requires Pro license.

Don't fear the Preps 6.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

chelios99

I have been using Preps 6 for the last 2 years and it was a little tough to learn at first but once I understand what to do it works great for ganging!

frailer

There's a smattering of vids here stiv. Mixed in with a few on da gangs, of course.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Hey! Move those windows. They are blocking my view! :evil:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.